Applications welcome for the position of external member of IFLA’s Finance and Risk Committee
07 декабря 2022
Application Deadline: 17 October 2022
IFLA is seeking an external member of its Finance and Risk Committee, to work alongside IFLA’s Treasurer and other Governing Board members.
As set out in IFLA’s Rules of Procedure, the Committee is responsible for advising the Governing Board on the financial and risk management of the Federation, with a view to supporting long-term sustainability.
The role is anticipated to require several hours of work per month, including meetings, and all reasonable out-of-pocket expenses will be covered.
Candidates are expected to be able to demonstrate the following:
- expertise, experience and interest in/across the library field;
- experience in financial management, auditing, fundraising and risk management at a senior level;
- knowledge of Dutch law and financial statements;
- willingness and ability to devote time and energy to the role – this is usually several hours per month, in addition to meetings and the necessary preparation for this;
- an ability to recognize the need to protect personal and privileged information (including compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation). Candidates must declare any conflicts of interest and abstain from discussions where they have a conflict or potential conflict of interest, and abide by IFLA’s broader Code of Ethics.
Candidates are asked to submit a CV and a statement of up to 200 words setting out their suitability for this position by 23:00 CEST Monday 17 October 2022. Please submit applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: ‘Finance and Risk Committee External Member Application’. For further information, please contact the Treasurer, Jaap Naber, email: email@example.com.
Applications will subsequently be reviewed by the Governing Board, and an appointment made.
Acting Secretary General