Happy New Year 2022 Greetings from ENSULIB
01 февраля 2023
ENSULIB update January 2022
Happy New Year 2022 greetings to all IFLA colleagues!
The Environment, Sustainability and Libraries Section (ENSULIB) Standing Committee members have worked together for five months since it’s official inauguration in August 2021, and a lot has been done.
- Annual report for last period and Action plan for 2021-2023 has be done and we have prepared publishable versions of them.
- The descriptions and definitions of Green Libraries and the criteria for the IFLA Green Library Award have been updated. The criteria and announcement for the Award 2022 are now available from the Award website.
- The very first ENSULIB Newsletter has been published!
- A webinar “Environmentally Inspiring and Engaging Buildings, Research, Education and Library Services” in cooperation with IFLA Preservation and Conservation Section was arranged (based on the 2020 cancelled satellite meeting papers)
- ENSULIB supported the Croatian Green Library conference as moderator and with an introductory lecture
Hence, a lot has been done. IFLA HQ have decided that WLIC 2022 will be arranged live (or hybrid). It is still open if a satellite meeting can be arranged. When the situation is clarified, we are going to plan the open session and satellite, publish the CfPs and select the speakers.
On the other hand, the IFLA Green Library Award 2022 call for submissions has just been published. As noted above, we have worked with the preliminaries and are now ready to go on. The evaluations will be done mainly in April and the winner announcement will be published probably in May/June.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!
With kind regards,