Content tagged Interview
Ordered by publication date from most to less recent.
(These results include any available translations of the original English documents.)
- Making a Reality of Access to Legal Research to Deliver the SDGs: Interview with Latia Ward
Limited access to research not only prevents people in many countries from contributing to the latest thinking and innovations, but also means that they cannot apply this knowledge in their own...
News - 19 September 2019
- Simplify, Unify, Diversify: an Interview with Jessica Want, New York Public Library
Alongside growing concern in the United States and Canada about the conditions imposed on libraries looking to lend eBooks, there are also efforts to reduce dependency on third party distributors...
News - 16 July 2019
- Protecting Privacy in the Modern Academic Library: An Interview with Mimi Calter
A group of unviersity libraries in the United States have signed up to a new Statement on Patron Privacy and Database Access. With library resources often now accessed through third-party servers...
News - 9 April 2019
- A Happy Ending: Interview with Mikkel Christoffersen on eLending in Denmark
The story of eLending in Denmark is a particular one. Despite high levels of use of the Danish eLending platform, it attracted frequent (if unjustified) criticism from other stakeholders, who held...
News - 8 February 2019
- Controlled Digital Lending: an Interview with Jonathan Band
The concept of controlled digital lending is receiving growing attention. Originating in the United States, it is now a subject of discussion elsewhere in the world, raising both interest and...
News - 22 January 2019
Tags: Access to information, Copyright, Copyright Limitations and Exceptions for Libraries & Archives, eBooks, eLending, eLending for Libraries, Interview, CLM (Committee on Copyright and other Legal Matters)
- Libraries Can't Get Enough eBooks: an Interview with Sharon Day, Edmonton Public Library
IFLA has interviewed Sharon Day, speaking on behalf of a campaign in Canada to boost the availability - and affordability - of eBooks for libraries. The goal - to ensure that Canada's...
News - 15 January 2019