Content tagged culture
Ordered by publication date from most to less recent.
(These results include any available translations of the original English documents.)
- #Culture2030Goal Statement on COVID-19
IFLA has joined partners in the #Culture2030Goal campaign to produce a statement on the role of culture in the response to COVID-19. Alongside the vital work being done by healthcare...
Publication - 20 April 2020
- Libraries’ Role as Core Cultural Services Highlighted in UN Text
The Declared Actions from the 10th meeting of the World Urban Forum, focusing on the role of culture and innovation in creating cities of opportunity, have underlined the contribution libraries...
News - 17 February 2020
- OECD Conference on Culture and Local Development
Cultural and creative sectors transform local economies in various ways: Generating economic growth, productivity, exports and employment; Diversifying the economy and...
Event - 3 December 2018
- Libraries overcome barriers to access to culture
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UNDHR) Article 27a states that “everyone has the right to freely participate in the cultural life of the community, to enjoy the arts and to share...
News - 10 July 2018
- IFLA Statement on UNESCO: Education, Science and Culture: Shared Objectives Need Shared Efforts
On 16 October 2017, following the announcement by the governments of the United States and Israel of their intention to leave UNESCO, IFLA released the following statement: ...
News - 16 October 2017
- 2nd United Cities and Local Governments (UCLG) Culture Summit 2017
The UCLG Culture Summit is the main meeting point at global level of cities, local governments and other stakeholders that are committed to the effective implementation of policies and programmes...
Event - 12 April 2017
- Culture, Creativity and Sustainable Development
The third UNESCO World Forum on Culture and the Cultural Industries set out to ensure that culture is taken into account in international development policies, and notably in on-going negotiations...
News - 23 October 2014