Content tagged Seminar
Ordered by publication date from most to less recent.
(These results include any available translations of the original English documents.)
- Marrakesh Treaty in force: The Role of libraries
Speakers: Victoria Owen, The Right Guide: Making Marrakesh Come to Life Hiroshi Kawamura, Impact of the WIPO Marrakesh Treaty on International Cooperation for Library...
Event - 20 August 2018
- Session 124: Fragile! Careful Handling Required: Manuscript housing, conservation and metadata documentation for access
16.00 - 18.00 In 2017, an IFLA workshop on developing metadata standards for palm leaf manuscripts highlighted the importance of taking a more holistic approach to these rare, and often...
Event - 15 August 2018
- 6º Seminario de Información en Arte / 6th Art Information Seminar
The 6th Seminar on Art Information seeks to broaden the debate on topics related to libraries and art. This edition of the seminar will be held at the Cervantes Institute in Rio de Janeiro, on 24...
Event - 6 June 2018
- Asia and Oceania (RSCAO) Seminar was successfully held in Seoul, 11 April, 2018
Event - 15 April 2018
- The Importance of Access to Information to Achieve Sustainable Development in Latin America and the Caribbean
The side event "The importance of access to information to achieve sustainable development in Latin America and the Caribbean" is part of the Second Meeting of the ...
Event - 11 April 2018
Tags: Access to information, Advocacy, Development, Latin America and the Caribbean, Libraries, Development and the UN 2030 Agenda, Seminar, UN 2030 Agenda, UN SDGs, LDP (Library Development Programme)
- Professional Seminar 2018
The Library of the Congress of the Nation will host the Professional Seminar of IFLA LAC during 25 April, 2018. The meeting will take place in the administrative headquarters and Cultural Place of...
Event - 29 March 2018
- Seminar on Implementing the Marrakesh Treaty
There is strong and welcome progress on the implementation of the Marrakesh Treaty around the world. With formal ratification, and the associated changes to domestic laws, the world is moving...
Event - 26 February 2018
- Colloquium on Fake News and Disinformation Online
The European Union is looking to establish what sort of response, if any, should be made to the phenomenon of 'fake news' on the Internet. With some countries having decided to introduce...
Event - 21 February 2018
- Heritage, Copyright and Libraries in Europe
This is a critical time for the ongoing reforms, with votes imminent in the key European Parliament Committee, as well as the Council (whcih brings together Member States). IFLA will be...
Event - 20 February 2018
- RALSA Seminar
The Rwanda Archive and Library Services Authority (RALSA) is responsible for preserving and sharing the country’s documented cultural heritage. The institution gives access to those who seek...
Event - 13 February 2018
- NPSIG / Cfibd Seminar
Que doit être le métier de bibliothécaire aujourd’hui et demain ? Pour y réfléchir, le Comité français international biblioth...
Event - 8 January 2018
- Innovative Partnerships: a Strategic Imperative 2018 mid-year seminar
The IFLA Library Buildings and Equipment Section is hosting a free seminar at the Library of Birmingham entitled Innovative Partnerships: a Strategic Imperative. Award winning architects and...
Event - 13 November 2017
- VI Hispanic-Brazilian seminar of research in information, documentation and society
The sixth edition of the Hispanic-Brazilian seminar of research in information, documentation and society (VI Seminário Hispano-Brasileiro de Pesquisa em Informaç...
Event - 12 September 2017
- Open Education Seminar
IFLA will attend a seminar organised by Education International, looking at new approaches to use of intellectual property rules in teaching and learning. Exploring themes such as Open Educational...
Event - 25 July 2017
- EUROLIS Seminar 2016
EUROLIS (the consortium of librarians from European cultural institutes in London) invites you to a one-day seminar focusing on the role of libraries in the fight for human rights....
Event - 15 November 2016
- Latin American Seminar on the Lyon Declaration
The IFLA Regional Office for Latin America & the Caribbean, in conjunction with the Undergraduate Program in Information Systems at Universidad de La Salle, warmly invite you to...
Event - 19 May 2015
- Jornada académica “Las bibliotecas frente al desafío del acceso a la información”
En el marco de a la reunión intermedia del comité permanente de la sección América Latina y el Caribe, el 24 de abril de 10 a 14 h se realizará la...
Event - 8 April 2015
- Academic Conference "Libraries facing the challenge of information access"
As part of IFLA Latin American and Caribbean Standing Committee Midterm Meeting, on April 24, there will also be an academic Seminar under the theme: "Libraries facing the challenge...
Event - 8 April 2015
- SEMINARIO: Digital Curation e Cultural Heritage: “… Nessun dorma…” (o… come far passare un cammello dalla cruna dell’ago?)
Daniel Mincio, Char of the IFLA Preservation and Conservation Section, will speak on the subject of "La “preservation” del digitale. A lcune risultanze dal satellite meeting IFLA...
Event - 2 March 2015
- Libraries and privacy in the digital age
The Freedom of Access to Information and Freedom of Expression (FAIFE) Committee of the International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA) will hold a one-day seminar at...
Event - 26 January 2015