Content tagged sustainable development goals
Ordered by publication date from most to less recent.
(These results include any available translations of the original English documents.)
- IFLA Guide to Voluntary National Reviews
A key pillar of the United Nations' 2030 Agenda, alongside the seventeen Sustainable Development Goals, is an ongoing review of implementation. Central to this is the process of...
Publication - 16 July 2018
- Africa Can Lead: IFLA Addresses African Ministers
The 2nd meeting of African ministers responsible for libraries took place on 5-6 July in Durban, South Africa. IFLA President Glòria Pérez-Salmerón and Secretary...
News - 8 July 2018
- Libraries on the Development Agenda in Africa
As primarily public institutions, libraries depend strongly on support from their governments, both in terms of laws and funding. Ensuring that those in power recognise and build on the potential...
Event - 4 July 2018
- Forum of the Countries of Latin America and the Caribbean on Sustainable Development
The Forum will provide an opportunity to discuss progress towards achieving the UN's Sustainable Development Goals in the region, and send key messages to the global gathering of...
Event - 11 April 2018
- Affirmation, Opportunity: IFLA Presents on Libraries and the Sustainable Development Goals at the CILIP Conference
IFLA attended the CILIP Annual Conference, held in Manchester, UK, on 5-6 July. At a time where libraries in the UK are facing drastic cuts, this was a welcome opportunity to share new ideas and...
News - 27 July 2017
- Libraries Can Help Connect the Next 4 Billion – IFLA Co-signs Letter to Finance Ministers
IFLA has co-signed a letter calling for universal, open, secure, and affordable broadband connectivity, with full protection of human rights. The letter to Finance Ministers, who are meeting today...
News - 13 April 2016
Tags: Access to information, Access to knowledge, broadband, connectivity, Democracy, Development, Digital divide, Information literacy, Information policy, Information technology, International cooperation, Internet access, Knowledge society, sustainable development goals, LDP (Library Development Programme)
- IFLA Africa Section Satellite Meeting in Cape Town, South Africa
Africa Section invites participation to the its Satellite Meeting hosted by University of South Africa (UNISA) Parow Campus, Cape Town The UN is in a process of determining its future...
Event - 7 April 2015