Content tagged Public Access
Ordered by publication date from most to less recent.
(These results include any available translations of the original English documents.)
- La Participación de la IFLA en el Foro de Gobernanza de Internet
El 14 de diciembre a las 16:00hs (CET), acompáñenos en un webinar de 30 minutos para obtener más información sobre la participación de la IFLA en el Foro de...
Event - 12 December 2017
- IFLA at the Internet Governance Forum
On December 14 at 11:30 (CET), join us for a 30-minute webinar to learn more about the role of IFLA at the Internet Governance Forum (IGF), and how IFLA advocates for public access in...
Event - 12 December 2017
Tags: digital literacy, IFLA and the Information Society, IGF, Internet governance, Internet Governance Forum, Public Access, Webinar, webinar, FAIFE (Committee on Freedom of Access to Information and Freedom of Expression)
- Realising the Potential of Digital for Development: Not Without Libraries
As highlighted in the Development and Access to Information Report 2017, produced by IFLA in partnership with the Technology and Social Change Group at the University of Washington, for access to...
News - 1 August 2017
- European Dialogue on Internet Governance (EuroDIG) 2017
The 2017 edition of EuroDIG - the European Dialogue on Internet Governance - offers an opportunity both to shape the debate on Internet governance in Europe, and to feed into discussions for the...
Event - 22 May 2017
Tags: Access to information, Advocacy, Conference, digital literacy, Estonia, EuroDig, Internet governance, Public Access, FAIFE (Committee on Freedom of Access to Information and Freedom of Expression)
- Means, Don (2016): “Reaching the Rest of Us: Public Spectrum for Public Access” - Libraries lead in providing public access via TV WhiteSpace to help bring billions of new users into global digital conversation
A paper by Don Means (2016) presented at IFLA WLIC 2016 in Columbus, OH, in the session Connections. Collaboration. Community in Session 81 - Division III Programme. Don Means...
Publication - 13 March 2017
- Connecting and Enabling the Next Billion(s) – Libraries Important Partners in Internet Governance
The Internet Governance Forum (IGF) has just published its reports on the outcomes of its intersessional activities – the day to day work that takes place outside of major...
News - 30 January 2017
- Internet Governance Forum 2016 Library Diary: Day 4
This was the last day of the Internet Governance Forum 2016. In the session on Networks & solutions to achieve SDGs agenda - Internet at play, the discussion focused on the impact of...
News - 16 December 2016
- Internet Governance Forum 2016 Library Diary: Day 3
On the second day of the Internet Governance Forum, IFLA participated in sessions about the right to be forgotten, mass surveillance and human rights online. This gave us the opportunity to tackle...
News - 16 December 2016
- Internet Governance Forum 2016 Library Diary: Day 2
This was the day for our main session for the Dynamic Coalition for Public Access in Libraries, co-organized by IFLA and EIFL. People from different sectors came to talk about how to...
News - 9 December 2016
- Internet Governance Forum 2016 Library Diary: Day 1
December 6 was the official first day of the Internet Governance Forum in Guadalajara. Team libraries participated in Assessing the Role of Internet Governance in the Sustainable...
News - 8 December 2016
- Internet Governance Forum 2016 Library Diary: Day 0
The Internet Governance Forum (IGF) in Guadalajara takes place on 6-9 December 2016. IFLA will be focusing on promoting the Principles on Public Access in Libraries, which includes...
News - 6 December 2016
- Public Access in Libraries - Session in Columbus
You are invited to attend session 191, Public access in libraries, which is hosted by IFLA, in collaboration with the Dynamic Coalition on Public Access in Libraries (Internet Governance Forum...
News - 9 August 2016
- Public Access: Supporting Digital Inclusion for All
Public Access: Supporting Digital Inclusion for All. Maximising The Impact of Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) For Inclusive Social And Economic Development. Briefing on Public...
Publication - 22 July 2016
- European Dialogue on Internet Governance 2016
European Dialogue on Internet Governance (EuroDIG) is an open multi-stakeholder platform to exchange views about the Internet and how it is governed. Created in 2008 by several organisations,...
Event - 29 April 2016
- Principles on Public Access in Libraries
The Principles on Public Access in Libraries were produced by the Dynamic Coalition on Public Access in Libraries and discussed by participants at the Internet Governance Forum in Joao Pessoa,...
Publication - 15 March 2016