Content tagged eLending
Ordered by publication date from most to less recent.
(These results include any available translations of the original English documents.)
- E-Lending, Embargoes and Equitable Access: Interview with Sari Feldman
The rules around library eLending are on the agenda again in the United States, following the decision by one publisher to impose limits on libraries' ability to give access to new books...
News - 16 October 2019
- Best Practice for Establishing a Public Lending Right System that Supports Authors and Libraries and Enables Literacy and Learning (Annex to the 2016 IFLA Position on Public Lending Right)
IFLA’s existing statement on Public Lending Right (PLR), updated in 2016, sets out IFLA’s policy position on Public Lending Right. These best practices are without prejudice to the...
Publication - 29 April 2019
Tags: Advocacy, Copyright, Copyright Limitations and Exceptions for Libraries & Archives, Digital libraries, Digital resources, eBooks, eLending, eLending for Libraries, Best Practices, CLM (Committee on Copyright and other Legal Matters)
- Spain’s Recent Copyright Reform: an Interview with the Chair of the Library Association’s Copyright Group
The Spanish government recently implemented two European directives: the Marrakesh Directive, and the Collective Management Directive. The bill that transposed these two pieces of legislation came...
News - 25 April 2019
- Adoption of the European Directive on Copyright in the Digital Single Market
Following the European Parliament’s adoption of the Directive on Copyright in the Digital Single Market on 26 March 2019, the Council of Ministers of the European Union has now also voted in...
News - 17 April 2019
Tags: Access to information, Access to knowledge, Advocacy, Associations, Conservation, Copyright, Copyright Limitations and Exceptions for Libraries & Archives, eLending, eLending for Libraries, CLM (Committee on Copyright and other Legal Matters)
- Availability, License Terms and Pricing of eBooks: an Interview with Rebecca Giblin
ELending is becoming increasingly important and is already well-established in many countries. While jurisdictions approach the lending of eBooks and other digital material in many different ways...
News - 12 April 2019
Tags: Access to information, Access to knowledge, accessibility, Advocacy, Australia, Canada, Copyright, Copyright Limitations and Exceptions for Libraries & Archives, eBooks, eLending, eLending for Libraries, Intellectual property, licensing, New Zealand, United Kingdom, United States, Interview, CLM (Committee on Copyright and other Legal Matters)
- Newsletter on Digital Opportunities and Challenges: Call for papers
IFLA’s Standing Committee on Libraries for Children and Young Adults is seeking articles for our next newsletter about youth services librarianship and best practices from around the world...
News - 20 March 2019
- A Happy Ending: Interview with Mikkel Christoffersen on eLending in Denmark
The story of eLending in Denmark is a particular one. Despite high levels of use of the Danish eLending platform, it attracted frequent (if unjustified) criticism from other stakeholders, who held...
News - 8 February 2019
- Controlled Digital Lending: an Interview with Jonathan Band
The concept of controlled digital lending is receiving growing attention. Originating in the United States, it is now a subject of discussion elsewhere in the world, raising both interest and...
News - 22 January 2019
Tags: Access to information, Copyright, Copyright Limitations and Exceptions for Libraries & Archives, eBooks, eLending, eLending for Libraries, Interview, CLM (Committee on Copyright and other Legal Matters)
- Libraries Can't Get Enough eBooks: an Interview with Sharon Day, Edmonton Public Library
IFLA has interviewed Sharon Day, speaking on behalf of a campaign in Canada to boost the availability - and affordability - of eBooks for libraries. The goal - to ensure that Canada's...
News - 15 January 2019
- IFLA Principles for Library eLending (2013)
Following the production of the IFLA Background Paper on eLending the IFLA Governing Board tasked the eLending Working Group with developing a set of principles that could guide library...
Publication - 12 January 2019
- Libraries, eLending, and the Future of Public Access to Digital Content
In May 2012 IFLA released a Background Paper on eLending which discussed the situation facing public libraries seeking to lend eBooks to their users. The paper discussed the challenges facing...
Publication - 12 January 2019
- European copyright reform: resources
The first major reform of Europe's copyright system in almost 20 years aims to update the law for the digital age. In addition to affecting libraries and library users across Europe, it also...
Publication - 20 December 2018
Tags: Access to information, Advocacy, Copyright, Copyright Limitations and Exceptions for Libraries & Archives, Copyright Limitations and Exceptions for Libraries & Archives, Digital Humanities, Digital preservation, Digitisation, E-Learning, eBooks, eLending, eLending for Libraries, Europe, licensing, CLM (Committee on Copyright and other Legal Matters), Publications
- Deal on eLending in the Netherlands: Interview with the Dutch Public Library Association
Following extensive discussions, libraries in the Netherlands have come to an agreement with publishers and others about eBook availability in the country. Published in the Official...
News - 31 October 2018
- Session 217, What's Up with eLending? - eLending Working Party with Public Libraries
08:30 - 10:30 Livestreamed Simultaneous Interpretation In the 5 years since the last major session at WLIC, we have seen talk of the death of the physical books replaced by...
Event - 9 August 2018
Tags: Access to information, Congress, Copyright, Copyright Limitations and Exceptions for Libraries & Archives, eBooks, Electronic resources, eLending, eLending for Libraries, CLM (Committee on Copyright and other Legal Matters)
- Copyright Matters for Public Libraries
Publication - 23 April 2018
- Give eBooks a Chance
THE HAGUE, Netherlands, 28 February 2018 — eBooks have enjoyed a remarkable success in the years since their invention, accounting for around a quarter of the publishing market in countries...
News - 28 February 2018
- Call for Papers: The Document Delivery and Resource Sharing Section is organizing an Open Session during the 2018 WLIC in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia.
2018 IFLA World Library and Information Congress Open Session 84th IFLA General Conference and Assembly, 24 - 30 August 2018, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Call for Papers: The Document...
News - 22 December 2017