Content tagged IFLA and the Information Society
Ordered by publication date from most to less recent.
(These results include any available translations of the original English documents.)
- Comments by the International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA) to the Content Regulation in the Digital Age 2018 Human Rights Council Report
The submission is available here.
Publication - 18 January 2018
Tags: Access to information, Copyright, Freedom of expression, Freedom of information, IFLA and the Information Society, FAIFE (Committee on Freedom of Access to Information and Freedom of Expression), Publications
- Bringing Internet Access to All Libraries: Progress and Plans
When the World Summit on the Information Society set out principles for how the Internet should be run in 2003, the governments present fixed the target of connecting public libraries. When these...
News - 8 January 2018
- IFLA at the Internet Governance Forum
On December 14 at 11:30 (CET), join us for a 30-minute webinar to learn more about the role of IFLA at the Internet Governance Forum (IGF), and how IFLA advocates for public access in...
Event - 12 December 2017
Tags: digital literacy, IFLA and the Information Society, IGF, Internet governance, Internet Governance Forum, Public Access, Webinar, webinar, FAIFE (Committee on Freedom of Access to Information and Freedom of Expression)
- Libraries, Human Rights and the Internet: IFLA Engages in Geneva
Libraries have a major practical role in giving their users access to knowledge and protecting their intellectual freedom. As well as public access to Internet connections, they...
News - 12 June 2017
- Means, Don (2016): “Reaching the Rest of Us: Public Spectrum for Public Access” - Libraries lead in providing public access via TV WhiteSpace to help bring billions of new users into global digital conversation
A paper by Don Means (2016) presented at IFLA WLIC 2016 in Columbus, OH, in the session Connections. Collaboration. Community in Session 81 - Division III Programme. Don Means...
Publication - 13 March 2017
- How To Spot Fake News
Critical thinking is a key skill in media and information literacy, and the mission of libraries is to educate and advocate its importance. Discussions about fake news has led to a new...
Publication - 1 February 2017