Content tagged Copyright Limitations and Exceptions for Libraries & Archives
Ordered by publication date from most to less recent.
(These results include any available translations of the original English documents.)
- Heritage, Copyright and Libraries in Europe
This is a critical time for the ongoing reforms, with votes imminent in the key European Parliament Committee, as well as the Council (whcih brings together Member States). IFLA will be...
Event - 20 February 2018
- Librarians ask for a better copyright for education
IFLA has signed the joint letter "Educators ask for a better copyright", initiated by Communia Association for the Public Domain, which underlines our existing concerns with regards to...
News - 16 January 2018
- Reforma colombiana del derecho de autor: la IFLA envía una carta abierta a la Ministra de Comercio, Industria y Turismo
La IFLA da la bienvenida a toda reforma legislativa que persiga adaptar el marco legal de derechos de autor al ámbito digital. Colombia está ahora en proceso de reformar su propia...
News - 19 December 2017
- Copyright reform in Colombia: IFLA sends an open letter to the Colombian Minister of Commerce, Industry and Tourism
IFLA welcomes all steps towards making legislative changes that adapt current copyright frameworks to the digital age. Colombia is now in the process of reforming its copyright law (Ley 23 de 1982...
News - 19 December 2017
- Call for papers WLIC 2018 - Audiovisual and Multimedia Section joint session with Information Technology Section
The IFLA Audiovisual and Multimedia Section, joined by the Information Technology Section, invite interested professionals to submit proposals for the open session to be held during IFLA WLIC in...
News - 1 December 2017
Tags: Access to information, Access to knowledge, Acquisitions, Audiovisual and multimedia, Buildings and equipment, Cataloguing, Classification and indexing, Collection development, Collections, Communities of practice, Copyright Limitations and Exceptions for Libraries & Archives, Cultural heritage, Digital preservation, Digital repositories, Electronic resources, Games, Information technology, Knowledge management, Lifelong learning, Outreach, Preservation, Services, Success stories, Young adults
- The European copyright reform's potential harm to fundmental rights and freedoms: IFLA co-signs an open letter
Over 80 organisations, among which IFLA, have co-signed an open letter to Ministers attending the European Union’s Competitiveness Council on 30 November an 1 December 2017. The letter...
News - 30 November 2017
- Inaction is not an Option: Case Builds for Meaningful Action for Libraries at the World Intellectual Property Organisation
IFLA attended the 35th session of WIPO’s Standing Committee on Copyright and Related Rights to make the case for the need of a minimum standard of exceptions and limitations to copyright for...
News - 24 November 2017
- Reform Copyright, Drive Development: IFLA Speaks for Libraries in Geneva
IFLA attended the 49th General Assemblies of the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO), from 2-5 October 2017, taking the opportunity to underline the need for action to help...
News - 10 October 2017
- The Limits of Licensing: A Literature Review
IFLA commissed a review of the available literature on the limits of licensing as a means of giving access to knowledge, in order better to understand the feasibility of universal licensing based...
Publication - 20 August 2017
- Copyright and Other Legal Matters at the World Library and Information Congress (WLIC)
The Copyright and Other Legal Matters (CLM) Strategic Programme represents the voice of the international library community in copyright and other legal concerns. CLM strongly advocates at...
News - 16 August 2017
- In Copyright, Everyone’s Rights Must be Protected: IFLA calls for Reconsideration of W3C Decision on Extended Media Extensions
Following the decision of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) to incorporate Extended Media Extensions in to the HTML Standard, IFLA has called for reconsideration. ...
News - 17 July 2017
- IFLA advocates globally for a better legal framework for libraries at the 34th Standing Committee on Copyright and Related Rights (SCCR)
Through the Standing Committee on Copyright and Related Rights (SCCR), the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) offers a platform for discussion among Member States and NGOs at a global...
News - 9 May 2017
Tags: Advocacy, Copyright, Copyright Limitations and Exceptions for Libraries & Archives, Copyright Limitations and Exceptions for Libraries & Archives, CLM (Committee on Copyright and other Legal Matters)
- World Intellectual Property Day, 26 April 2017 – Innovation, Improving Lives
Every year on 26 April, the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) celebrates the World Intellectual Property Rights Day. This year in particular, WIPO explores how innovation and...
News - 26 April 2017