Content tagged Copyright Limitations and Exceptions for Libraries & Archives
Ordered by publication date from most to less recent.
(These results include any available translations of the original English documents.)
- Reform Copyright, Drive Development: IFLA Speaks for Libraries in Geneva
IFLA attended the 49th General Assemblies of the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO), from 2-5 October 2017, taking the opportunity to underline the need for action to help...
News - 10 October 2017
- The Limits of Licensing: A Literature Review
IFLA commissed a review of the available literature on the limits of licensing as a means of giving access to knowledge, in order better to understand the feasibility of universal licensing based...
Publication - 20 August 2017
- Copyright and Other Legal Matters at the World Library and Information Congress (WLIC)
The Copyright and Other Legal Matters (CLM) Strategic Programme represents the voice of the international library community in copyright and other legal concerns. CLM strongly advocates at...
News - 16 August 2017
- In Copyright, Everyone’s Rights Must be Protected: IFLA calls for Reconsideration of W3C Decision on Extended Media Extensions
Following the decision of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) to incorporate Extended Media Extensions in to the HTML Standard, IFLA has called for reconsideration. ...
News - 17 July 2017
- IFLA advocates globally for a better legal framework for libraries at the 34th Standing Committee on Copyright and Related Rights (SCCR)
Through the Standing Committee on Copyright and Related Rights (SCCR), the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) offers a platform for discussion among Member States and NGOs at a global...
News - 9 May 2017
Tags: Advocacy, Copyright, Copyright Limitations and Exceptions for Libraries & Archives, Copyright Limitations and Exceptions for Libraries & Archives, CLM (Committee on Copyright and other Legal Matters)
- World Intellectual Property Day, 26 April 2017 – Innovation, Improving Lives
Every year on 26 April, the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) celebrates the World Intellectual Property Rights Day. This year in particular, WIPO explores how innovation and...
News - 26 April 2017