Content tagged Norway
Ordered by publication date from most to less recent.
(These results include any available translations of the original English documents.)
- Library turns publisher in order to promote indigenous language reading
In a further contribution to our collection of examples of how libraries protect, preserve and promote indigenous lanaguges and the communities that speak them, the below example comes from ...
News - 9 August 2019
- Programme now available for IFLA RBSCS 2018 Mid-term conference in Oslo!
The programme for the IFLA Rare Books & Special Collections section mid-term conference has now been published! You can view it here and register!
News - 27 February 2018
- Libraries in the sky: large-scale collaboration strategies and infrastructures to enhance the use of digital heritage collections
Libraries in the sky: large-scale collaboration strategies and infrastructures to enhance the use of digital heritage collections IFLA RBSCS mid-term conference, National Library of Norway...
Event - 27 November 2017
Tags: Collections, Conference, Digital preservation, Digital repositories, Digital resources, Digitisation, Information technology, Intellectual property, International cooperation, Norway, Rare books and manuscripts, Rare Books and Special Collections
- Managing Change - PLS Satellite Program now available
The city of Bergen, Norway will be the (beautiful) backdrop for the Satellite Meeting Managing Change: Library Transitions jointly presented by IFLA's Public Libraries and Management...
News - 8 May 2017
- Public Libraries Section - Satellite - Bergen Norway
Join us in Bergen, Noway next August for our satellite meeting 'Managing Change: Library Transitions' and hear from practitioners around the world about best practice examples...
Event - 2 December 2016
- Standing Committee Midyear meeting
The Libraries for Children and Young Adults Standing Committee holds its midyear meeting extended to an international conference day (organised together with Norwegian trade union Fagforbundet...
Event - 10 March 2016
- A School Library Promotion Campaign
BSLA Case Study - 2 August 2013
- With the Right to Read: IFLA pre-conference
Reading for all – a question of equal access, active inclusion and advocacy for a global library, securing the right for all to access knowledge and information and to active participation....
Event - 9 June 2010
- The National Library of Norway celebrates the UNESCO World Day for Audiovisual Heritage by “The Growth of the Soil”
The film was made in 1921 by the Danish director Gunnar Sommerfeldt and was adapted from the eponymous novel published in 1919 by the Norwegian Nobel-prize winner Knut Hamsun (1859-1952). The novel...
Event - 25 October 2009