Content tagged Russian Federation
Ordered by publication date from most to less recent.
(These results include any available translations of the original English documents.)
- Making Marrakesh Work: IFLA Addresses WIPO Seminar in Moscow
A growing network of countries have ratified the Marrakesh Treaty, giving ever wider access to information for people with print disabilities. The Treaty, which was signed in 2013, promises to do...
News - 20 September 2017
- Bring the Persecution of Librarians to an End: IFLA President Donna Scheeder on the Judgement in the Case of Natalya Sharina
Ever since her arrest in October 2015, IFLA has followed closely the case of Natalya Sharina, the former librarian of the Library of Ukrainian Literature in Moscow. Natalya was accused of inciting...
News - 13 June 2017
- International Forum of National Library Institutions
The purpose of the Forum is to develop a strategy for the development of libraries in the context of global changes occuring in the modern information society, taking into account the global...
Event - 16 January 2017
- Unnecessary and Disproportionate: IFLA President Donna Scheeder Calls for End to Proceedings against Natalya Sharina
In October 2015, Natalya Sharina, Director of the Library of Ukrainian literature in Moscow, was arrested and charged on suspicion of inciting hatred or animosity towards a social group....
News - 15 December 2016
- Implementing the Sustainable Development Goals - a Russian example
The International Documents Centre of the Official and Standard Publications Department of the Russian Federation and the UN Information Centre held a round table on the “...
News - 19 January 2016
- Ugra Global Expert Meeting on Multilingualism in Cyberspace
The UNESCO Information for All Programme (IFAP) is an intergovernmental programme created in 2000. Through IFAP, Governments of the world have pledged to harness the new opportunities of the...
Event - 3 June 2015
- 300th Anniversary of the Russian Academy of Sciences Library
November 2014 marks 300 years of the Russian Academy of Sciences Library (BAN). IFLA President Sinikka Sipilä will be speaking about the IFLA Trend Report and Open Access,...
Event - 18 November 2014
- IFLAcampLab 2014
registration (EN+RU) | program plus latest updates: EN / RU We are happy to invite you to IFLAcamp Library Creative Laboratory: “A Hero of Our...
Event - 14 March 2014
Tags: Access to information, Access to knowledge, Advocacy, Associations, Collection development, Collections, Communication, Communities of practice, Conference, Conferences, Cooperation, Copyright, Cultural heritage, cycling, Development, Digital divide, Digital repositories, Digital resources, Digitisation, Education and training, IFLAcampLab, Information professionals, Information technology, International cooperation, Knowledge society, Library as place, Library history, Meetings, Members, Networking, New professionals, NPSIG, Policy, Professional development, Russian Federation, unconference, New Professionals
- 28th Annual Meeting of the Conference of European National Librarians (CENL)
The Conference of European National Librarians (CENL) is a foundation under Dutch law with the aim of increasing and reinforcing the role of national libraries in Europe, in particular in respect...
Event - 12 March 2014
- 200th Anniversary of the Russian National Library
The primary aim of the conference is to draw attention to the topic of cultural development and the global significance of the Russian culture as well as to search for answers to the challenges...
Event - 10 December 2013
- Call for papers for conference ”Reading on spaces of childhood in Russia and in the world”. November 14-15, 2013, Moscow, Russia
The Scientific Council on Reading of the Department of Education and Culture of the Russian Academy of Education, Research Center for the History of Book Culture of the Russian Academy of Sciences...
News - 10 September 2013
- UNESCO Information for All Programme (IFAP) International Conference
This conference will bring together academics along with governmental, civil society and private sector representatives to analyze the profound transformational impacts that the Internet and the...
Event - 6 September 2013
- International Workshop-Training “Marketing Your Library: A Customer-Centered Approach” in Moscow
Just before the M&M midterm meeting, Russian State Library invited a “guru of library marketing”, co-author of IFLA Public Libraries Guidelines, Professor , Florida State...
News - 21 March 2013
- Midterm meeting in Moscow
The M&M Section will soon be meeting in Moscow, Russian Federation. These mid-year meetings strengthen the work of the group and also facilitate a face to face meeting of the...
Event - 26 February 2013
- UNESCO IFAP - International conference on preservation of digital information
For more information see this UNESCO news article.
Event - 3 October 2011
- Renewing strategy and Code of Ethics at the Russian Library Association
The Russian Library Association held a workshop to renew their strategy and Code their Ethics in St Petersburg, November 29-30 2010. 15 librarians and officers of the association from across...
News - 14 December 2010
- Mid-Term Meeting in Moscow
Preliminary programme Wednesday, March 3: Workshop on the Digital collections development 10.00 – 10.15: Greetings by Dr. Victor Fedorov,...
Event - 3 February 2010
Tags: Acquisitions, Collection development, Collections, Digital resources, Digitisation, Electronic collections, Electronic resources, Midterm Meeting, Russian Federation, Acquisition and Collection Development
- IFLA International Newspaper Conference 2009
IFLA International Newspaper Conference, Mozhaisk (Russian Federation) 13-16 April 2009 Theme: Legal deposit of newspapers for libraries: challenges of the digital environment....
Event - 19 November 2009
- IFLA Internet Manifesto Train the Trainers Workshop in St. Petersburg, Russia
On 12-14 May 2009, the National Library of Russia in Saint Petersburg ran stage one of multistage seminar on the IFLA/UNESCO Internet Manifesto Guidelines. Organizing and methodical support...
News - 1 July 2009