Content tagged Russian Federation
Ordered by publication date from most to less recent.
(These results include any available translations of the original English documents.)
- IFLA PAC Centres in Qatar and Russia Continue Cooperation in the Field of Preservation of Cultural Heritage
In October 2019, the IFLA PAC Center in Russia hosted a visitor from the IFLA PAC Centre in Qatar to facilitate exchange of expertise and cooperation between specialists from the two centres....
News - 21 January 2020
- Newsletter on "Digital Opportunities and Challenges for Libraries for Children and Young Adults" is online
The newsletter shows how libraries are engaging youth with digital tools—whether it is from simply providing access, to harnessing technology to give voice to young people’s own...
News - 4 August 2019
Tags: book mobile, Children, Croatia, Denmark, Digital inclusion, digital skills, Education and training, Electronic collections, ICT, Internet access, Library outreach, Library services, Literacy, Nigeria, RFID, Russian Federation, Singapore, Sweden, Young adults, Libraries for Children and Young Adults
- April Library Moscow Agenda (ALMA) 2019
President-elect Christine Mackenzie will be giving a presentation at the foresight session of the April Library Moscow Agenda (ALMA) meeting in Moscow. The theme of the session is: Strong...
Event - 31 January 2019
- Getting to Grips with Information in a Digital Age: IFLA Joins Reflections at UNESCO Conference
The first UNESCO-IFAP conference on ‘Tangible and Intangible Impacts of Information and Communications in the Digital Age’ on 3-8 June 2018 brought together representatives of...
News - 13 June 2018
Tags: Access to information, Digital inclusion, Information literacy, Media and Information Literacy, Russian Federation, UNESCO, FAIFE (Committee on Freedom of Access to Information and Freedom of Expression)
- Libraries and the UN 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development: How can Russian libraries further development?
The Library for Foreign Literature in Moscow (LIBFL) hosted a workshop on 19-20 April 2018: "Libraries and the UN 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development: How can Russian...
News - 9 May 2018
- Securing the Past, Shaping the Future: IFLA President Visits Moscow
Libraries today are faced with trends that can both pose a threat and promise an opportunity. Globalisation and digitisation are unstoppable and are being felt around the world. Yet this...
News - 26 April 2018
- UNESCO IFAP Conference
The first-ever international conference “Tangible and Intangible Impact of Information and Communication in the Digital Age” which will take place in Khanty-Mansiysk, Russian...
Event - 12 April 2018
- VII Saint Petersburg International Cultural Forum
The St. Petersburg International Cultural Forum annually attracts thousands of experts in the field of culture from all over the world: starts of theater, opera and ballet, renowned directors and...
Event - 12 April 2018
- Working meeting with IFLA President Glòria Pérez-Salmerón at the All-Russia State Library for Foreign Literature
The All-Russia State Library for Foreign Literature will be holding a working meeting with IFLA President Glòria Pérez-Salmerón on 20 April 2018. The...
Event - 28 March 2018
- Making Marrakesh Work: IFLA Addresses WIPO Seminar in Moscow
A growing network of countries have ratified the Marrakesh Treaty, giving ever wider access to information for people with print disabilities. The Treaty, which was signed in 2013, promises to do...
News - 20 September 2017
- Bring the Persecution of Librarians to an End: IFLA President Donna Scheeder on the Judgement in the Case of Natalya Sharina
Ever since her arrest in October 2015, IFLA has followed closely the case of Natalya Sharina, the former librarian of the Library of Ukrainian Literature in Moscow. Natalya was accused of inciting...
News - 13 June 2017
- Unnecessary and Disproportionate: IFLA President Donna Scheeder Calls for End to Proceedings against Natalya Sharina
In October 2015, Natalya Sharina, Director of the Library of Ukrainian literature in Moscow, was arrested and charged on suspicion of inciting hatred or animosity towards a social group....
News - 15 December 2016
- Implementing the Sustainable Development Goals - a Russian example
The International Documents Centre of the Official and Standard Publications Department of the Russian Federation and the UN Information Centre held a round table on the “...
News - 19 January 2016
- IFLAcampLab 2014
registration (EN+RU) | program plus latest updates: EN / RU We are happy to invite you to IFLAcamp Library Creative Laboratory: “A Hero of Our...
Event - 14 March 2014
Tags: Access to information, Access to knowledge, Advocacy, Associations, Collection development, Communications, Communities of practice, Conference, Conferences, Cooperation, Copyright, Cultural heritage, cycling, Development, Digital divide, Digital repositories, Digital resources, Digitisation, Education and training, IFLAcampLab, Information professionals, Information technology, International cooperation, Knowledge society, Library as place, Library collections, Library history, Meetings, Members, Networking, New professionals, NPSIG, Policy, Professional development, Russian Federation, unconference, New Professionals
- Call for papers for conference ”Reading on spaces of childhood in Russia and in the world”. November 14-15, 2013, Moscow, Russia
The Scientific Council on Reading of the Department of Education and Culture of the Russian Academy of Education, Research Center for the History of Book Culture of the Russian Academy of Sciences...
News - 10 September 2013
- International Workshop-Training “Marketing Your Library: A Customer-Centered Approach” in Moscow
Just before the M&M midterm meeting, Russian State Library invited a “guru of library marketing”, co-author of IFLA Public Libraries Guidelines, Professor , Florida State...
News - 21 March 2013
- Midterm meeting in Moscow
The M&M Section will soon be meeting in Moscow, Russian Federation. These mid-year meetings strengthen the work of the group and also facilitate a face to face meeting of the...
Event - 26 February 2013
- Renewing strategy and Code of Ethics at the Russian Library Association
The Russian Library Association held a workshop to renew their strategy and Code their Ethics in St Petersburg, November 29-30 2010. 15 librarians and officers of the association from across...
News - 14 December 2010
- Mid-Term Meeting in Moscow
Preliminary programme Wednesday, March 3: Workshop on the Digital collections development 10.00 – 10.15: Greetings by Dr. Victor Fedorov,...
Event - 3 February 2010
Tags: Acquisitions, Collection development, Digital resources, Digitisation, Electronic collections, Electronic resources, Library collections, Midterm Meeting, Russian Federation, Acquisition and Collection Development
- IFLA International Newspaper Conference 2009
IFLA International Newspaper Conference, Mozhaisk (Russian Federation) 13-16 April 2009 Theme: Legal deposit of newspapers for libraries: challenges of the digital environment....
Event - 19 November 2009
- IFLA Internet Manifesto Train the Trainers Workshop in St. Petersburg, Russia
On 12-14 May 2009, the National Library of Russia in Saint Petersburg ran stage one of multistage seminar on the IFLA/UNESCO Internet Manifesto Guidelines. Organizing and methodical support...
News - 1 July 2009