Content tagged Archives
Ordered by publication date from most to less recent.
(These results include any available translations of the original English documents.)
- 2018 World Day for Audiovisual Heritage
The 2018 World Day for Audiovisual Heritage will take place on October 27, and has the theme “Your Story is Moving”. Here is what UNESCO says about the theme...
News - 2 October 2018
Tags: Access to knowledge, Archives, Associations, Cultural heritage, Digital Humanities, Digital libraries, Digital preservation, Digital repositories, Digital resources, Education, Open Access, Preservation, Resource discovery, Society
- RALSA Seminar
The Rwanda Archive and Library Services Authority (RALSA) is responsible for preserving and sharing the country’s documented cultural heritage. The institution gives access to those who seek...
Event - 13 February 2018
- World Day for Audiovisual Heritage 2017
27th October is the UNESCO´s World Day for Audiovisual Heritage 2017 This year’s theme is "Discover, remember and share" UNESCO and their World Day for...
News - 12 October 2017
- Annual Report 2016-2017 | Library History Special Interest Group
Annual Report 2016-2017 [in PDF]
Publication - 14 September 2017
- Action Plan 2017-2018 | Library History Special Interest Group
Action Plan 2017-2018 [in PDF]
Publication - 14 September 2017
- A Survey of Born-Digital Legal Deposit Policies and Practices
That news publication has changed dramatically since the advent of the Internet and the Web is no news to anyone. There are many examples of established news organizations that have either stopped...
Informational Page - 2 July 2017
- Libraries and Archives Are Embracing Digital: It’s Time the Law Did the Same
Digital technologies offer rich opportunities to collect, preserve and make the world’s knowledge available. But to make the most of these collections, libraries and archives need the...
News - 7 June 2016
- From the Small Print to the Headlines: IFLA Engages for International Copyright Reform at WIPO
IFLA will be represented at the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) Standing Committee on Copyright and Related Rights (SCCR) next week. Talk of copyright is normally...
News - 6 May 2016
Tags: Access to knowledge, Advocacy, Archives, Copyright, Copyright reform, Cultural heritage, Development, Digital resources, Freedom of information, Information policy, International cooperation, Policy, Standing Committee on Copyright & Related Rights (SCCR), WIPO, CLM (Committee on Copyright and other Legal Matters)
- April Webinar: New Librarians Global Connection: best practices, models and recommendations
We are excited to announce the second installment of this year’s webinar series “New Librarians Global Connection: best...
Event - 4 April 2014
Tags: Access to information, Access to knowledge, Archives, Audiovisual and multimedia, Benchmarking, Best practice, Databases, design, Digital divide, Digital preservation, Digital repositories, Digital resources, Electronic resources, Information technology, International cooperation, Internet access, Knowledge management, user design, user experience, ux, Webinar, New Professionals
- NOW CLOSED: Call for Papers: Space and collections earning their keep: Transformation, technologies, retooling
The Library Buildings & Equipment Standing Committee and the Acquisition and Collection Development Standing Committee are looking for papers that highlight how public, academic and research...
News - 20 December 2013
Tags: Access to information, architecture, Archives, books, Buildings and equipment, Collections, Library as place, Preservation, Rare books and manuscripts, storage, Technology, Library Buildings and Equipment
- Call For Papers: Rare Book and Manuscript and Asia & Oceania Sections Joint Session at WLIC 2013, Singapore
Theme: Rare and special collections in the Asian or Oceanian context Deadline for Proposals: 28 February 2013 The full call for papers is available on the IFLA WLIC 2013...
News - 16 January 2013
- Call For Papers: Rare Book and Manuscript and Art Libraries Sections Joint Session at WLIC 2013, Singapore
Theme: Images Lost and Found - Innovative Approaches to the Discovery and Use of Visual Materials Found in Rare Books, Manuscripts and Special Collections Deadline for Proposals: 18 January...
News - 4 December 2012
- Promote International Jazz Day in your Library
Jazz is a universal language of freedom and creativity. UNESCO's International Jazz Day is intended to raise awareness in the international community of the virtues of jazz as an...
News - 27 April 2012
- International Council of Archives Congress
The International Council on Archives (ICA) is dedicated to the effective management of records and the preservation, care and use of the world's archival heritage through its representation of...
Event - 9 January 2012
- Treaty Proposal on Copyright Limitations and Exceptions for Libraries and Archives
In 2004, Chile recommended that the Standing Committee on Copyright and Related Rights (SCCR) of the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) undertake a review of the current state of...
Publication - 14 April 2011
- New IFLA publication: World Guide to Library, Archive, and Information Science Associations
News - 28 June 2010
- About LAMMS
Libraries, Archives, Museums, Monuments & Sites (LAMMS) The five international organisations for cultural heritage, IFLA (libraries), ICA (archives), ICOM (museums), ICOMOS (monuments...
Informational Page - 30 November 2009