Content tagged Buildings and equipment
Ordered by publication date from most to less recent.
(These results include any available translations of the original English documents.)
- Inspiration in the Eternal City!
Join us at our Satellite Meeting in Rome 21-22 August 2019 when we will explore The evolving concept of ‘library’ and its impact on library design! This topic will form the...
News - 15 April 2019
- Joint Satellite Conference
Four IFLA Sections (Public, Academic and Research, Metropolitan and Library Buildings and Equipment) are co-hosting a two-day Joint Satellite pre-conference in Rome in the magnificent Sala della...
Event - 20 February 2019
- 2017-2018 IFLA LGBT SIG Annual Report
Click here for the complete 2017-2018 IFLA LGBTQ+ SIG Annual Report.
Publication - 26 December 2018
Tags: Access to information, Access to knowledge, accessibility, Advocacy, Buildings and equipment, Communication, Communities of practice, Cooperation, Democracy, Development, Disadvantaged people, Education, Education and training, Education for librarianship , Freedom of expression, Freedom of information, Freedom to read, Guidelines, Human rights, LGBTQ Users SIG, Libraries, Development and the UN 2030 Agenda, Library as place, Marginalized, Minorities, Multicultural populations, Networking, New professionals, Outreach, Performance indicators, Privacy in libraries, Professional development, Risk assessment, Services, Social inclusion, Staffing, Annual reports, Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer/Questioning Users (LGBTQ)
- Call for papers WLIC 2018 - Audiovisual and Multimedia Section joint session with Information Technology Section
The IFLA Audiovisual and Multimedia Section, joined by the Information Technology Section, invite interested professionals to submit proposals for the open session to be held during IFLA WLIC in...
News - 1 December 2017
Tags: Access to information, Access to knowledge, Acquisitions, Audiovisual and multimedia, Buildings and equipment, Cataloguing, Classification and indexing, Collection development, Collections, Communities of practice, Copyright Limitations and Exceptions for Libraries & Archives, Cultural heritage, Digital preservation, Digital repositories, Electronic resources, Games, Information technology, Knowledge management, Lifelong learning, Outreach, Preservation, Services, Success stories, Young adults
- Call for Participation - New Trends in Library Space Design: Library Design with Low Cost or No Budget
National Institute of Library and Information Sciences (NILIS) - University of Colombo, in collaboration with Goethe-Institut - Colombo, is organizing a regional workshop on "New Trends in...
News - 19 September 2016
- Space and Collections Earning Their Keep: Transformation, Technologies, Retooling
Traditionally, libraries have served as storage spaces offering access to diverse physical collections. Today, following numerous social and technological changes, libraries are retooling their...
Publication - 5 August 2016
- Public Library of the Year 2016 Nominees Announced
Four libraries from Australia, the US, and Denmark, respectively, have been nominated for the Systematic Public Library of the Year which is awarded to the world’s best new public library...
News - 30 June 2016
- Could your Library be the Public Library of the Year 2016?
The award for best public library in the world 2016 will again this year be given to a library that is either newly build or located in a building that has not previously been used as a library....
News - 5 April 2016
- Call for Papers: IFLA Art Libraries Section Satellite Meeting, Chicago, August 9-11, 2016
The digital revolution, space and economic pressures, and a trend towards collaborative work have all stimulated a demand for libraries to re-invent themselves as physical spaces. Art and design...
News - 6 November 2015
- Cape Town 2015: Call for Papers from Library Buildings and Equipment Section
Español Architecture can open up new perspectives into sites and situations. Library buildings are able to speak to us in their own unique way for experiences that are both private...
News - 8 December 2014
- Public Libraries Section Mid-Term Meeting
Members of IFLA's Public Libraries Section are packing their bags in readiness for the upcoming Mid-Term meeting in Barcelona. As part of the Mid-Term the Barcelona Provincial Council in...
Event - 4 September 2014
- The most beautiful library in the world?
Launched in Lyon at the IFLA World Library and Information Congress on 17 August 2014 in front of an audience of 250+ this initiative has really captured the imagination of library...
News - 3 September 2014
- 1001 Libraries to see before you die!
Introduction Planning a trip, want to visit some libraries but not sure where you should go? Wonder no more! Your colleagues from the IFLA Public Libraries Section are busily compiling the...
Informational Page - 30 July 2014
- Open Session in Lyon at WLIC 2014
Open Session 2014, Lyon Special Places for Special Collections (Organized by Library Buildings and Equipment Section and IFLA Rare Books Section) Date: August 17...
Event - 18 July 2014
- World Library and Information Congress: 80th IFLA General Conference and Assembly
This will be launched in Lyon at the IFLA World Library and Information Congress on 17 August 2014 during the IFLA Market Session: 1001 libraries to see before you die – project . Our online...
Event - 1 July 2014
- Learning – Connecting – Relaxing TIB/UB – Relaunching the public spaces
IB/UB, the German National Library of Science and Technology and University Library Hannover, provides students, researchers and teaching staff from all faculties of Leibniz Universität...
Publication - 4 April 2014
- Registration for Paris, France Pre-conference is NOW OPEN
The theme of the conference is: Space and collections earning their keep: transformation, technologies and re-tooling The link to the IFLA official announcement page is http://www....
News - 3 April 2014
- Library Buildings and Equipment Section January 2014 Newsletter
The January 2014 Newsletter of the IFLA Library and Building Equipment Section is now available.
News - 11 January 2014
- NOW CLOSED: Call for Papers: Space and collections earning their keep: Transformation, technologies, retooling
The Library Buildings & Equipment Standing Committee and the Acquisition and Collection Development Standing Committee are looking for papers that highlight how public, academic and research...
News - 20 December 2013
Tags: Access to information, architecture, Archives, books, Buildings and equipment, Collections, Library as place, Preservation, Rare books and manuscripts, storage, Technology, Library Buildings and Equipment
- CALL FOR PAPERS: Special Spaces for Special Collections Lyon 2014
Theme: Special Spaces for Special Collections The Library Buildings & Equipment and the Rare Books and Manuscripts Standing Committees together with the Preservation and...
News - 3 December 2013
- Free Download of Library Planning Book
Library Architecture: Recommendations for a Comprehensive Research Project Thanks to the agreement reached between the editor (COAC – Collegi d’Arquitectes de Catalunya), the Ger...
News - 2 October 2013
- Report by Inger Edebro Sikström on the 2013 Satellite Conference
Every two years the Library Buildings organises a conference in conjunction with the annual IFLA WLIC Congress. This year the Congress was held in Singapore and theme dealt with how to...
News - 24 September 2013
- New questionnaire on Post-Occupancy Evaluation of Library buildings now Online
The purpose of this post-occupancy evaluation questionnaire is to enable library managers and the library design team to identify good practice, learn from mistakes and feed what they have learned...
News - 27 May 2013
- Questionnaire on Post-Occupancy Evaluation of Library buildings
In the planning process, much can be learned from existing buildings. The importance of the library visit is widely accepted and the IFLA Library Building Guidelines book published in 2007...
Publication - 27 May 2013
- Making ends meet : website for the upcoming Satellite Meeting is now online
All details about programme, registration, venue for the Library Buildings and Equipment satellite meeting in Singapore are now Online. For complete and up-to-date information, please see...
News - 10 May 2013
- Library Buildings and Equipment Newsletter 2013 n° 1
The first 2013 newsletter of the Library Buildings and Equipment section is now published. Learn more about the new Helsinki University Main Library and other topics. Newletter 2013, n...
News - 29 January 2013
- Library Buildings and Equipement 2013 satellite meeting in Singapore
The main purpose of this satellite conference is to present the ways public and academic communities in different regions and countries of the world are able to continue to provide high quality...
Event - 11 January 2013
- Designing Library Space for Children
In recent years the library community has seen a renewed interest in library architecture and design. This is due to the change of focus from content and collection development to how libraries...
Publication - 13 December 2011
- Library Buildings and Equipment Section Newsletters
Since 2016 the section uses a blog format. 2014 No. 3 Fall 2014 No. 2 2014 No. 2 Santi Romero Article in Spanish 2014 No. 1 ...
Publication - 8 June 2009
- ENSULIB mailing lists
1) Contact ENSULIB team: email@example.com 2) Direct access to the page of the general "Environment, Sustainability and Libraries" SIG's mailing list...
Informational Page - 26 May 2009
Tags: Awareness, Best practice, Buildings and equipment, Climate change, Collection development, Conservation, Ecology, Energy savings, Environment, Green, Green living, Management, Preservation, Sustainability, Environment, Sustainability and Libraries