Content tagged Reading
Ordered by publication date from most to less recent.
(These results include any available translations of the original English documents.)
- Call for Proposals: Literacy, Community and Responsibility
WORLD LIBRARY AND INFORMATION CONGRESS : 80th IFLA General Conference and Council: Libraries, Citizens, Societies: Confluence for Knowledge Lyon, France, August 16 - 22, 2014...
News - 29 November 2013
- The Tunisia Declaration on libraries, reading and intergenerational dialogue (English, French, Spanish and Russian)
The declaration was made at the International Symposium, Reading as a link between generations: towards a more cohesive society, organized in Hammamet, Tunisia from 21-23 September 2011. The...
Publication - 29 August 2012
- Using research to promote literacy and reading in libraries: Guidelines for librarians
Using research to promote literacy and reading in libraries: Guidelines for librarians is a new IFLA professional report. The publication focuses on the importance of wisely consuming,...
News - 13 April 2011
- 7th Pan-African Reading for All Conference
The Pan African Reading for All Conference takes place every two years and represents the largest and most prestigious international literacy conference in Africa. Teachers, researchers,...
Event - 4 February 2011
- Beyond the United Nations Decade of Literacy: What Libraries Can Do
As the United Nations Decade of Literacy winds down in 2012, it is a good time for libraries to assess their ongoing initiatives for advancing literacy. As part of the main IFLA conference in...
Event - 23 October 2010
- 2nd Unisa Conference on Reading Promotion and Storytelling for Children
From 6 - 8 October 2010 the 2nd Unisa Conference on Reading Promotion and Storytelling for Children will take place at the University of South Africa in Pretoria. This will be accompanied by a...
Event - 13 September 2010
- 135 - Open Session of the Environmental Sustainability and Libraries SIG
Saturday the 14th, 11:45-13:45, Room F1-2 Congress track 5: Ideas, innovations, anticipating the new. Session Theme: Greening the Library in a sustainable way...
News - 12 August 2010
Tags: Buildings, collection disposal, conference programme, Environment, Policy, Presentations, Program, Public Libraries, Reading, speakers, Sustainability, Sustainability, Environment, Sustainability and Libraries
- Reading for All Conference
Literacy for Community Based Socio-economic Transformation and Development is the title of the 6th Pan-African Reading for All Conference and is being organized by the International Reading...
Event - 11 August 2009
- Literacy and Reading Section Newsletter
Note: the IFLA Literacy and Reading Section now has a blog. No. 32 - August 2012 No. 31 - June 2011 No. 30 - January 2011 No. 29 - June 2010 No. 28 -...
Publication - 30 June 2009