Content tagged Disaster management
Ordered by publication date from most to less recent.
(These results include any available translations of the original English documents.)
- Libraries safeguarding cultural heritage
Documentary works in all formats, including digital, are a key part of our cultural heritage. Working with, preserving, and safeguarding them in order to provide access to future generations is at...
News - 10 May 2017
- Disaster Management Conference
The conference is “Our Heritage at Risk: The Challenges and Response” will address disaster manegement and response with special emphasis on disaster management and cultural...
Event - 29 July 2016
- IFLA Journal Special Issue on Cultural Heritage 2015
The IFLA Journal Special Issue on Cultural Heritage.
Publication - 29 September 2015
- Preservation and Access Challenges (PACS) for Government and Parliamentary Information—A Knowledge Café at IFLA WLIC 2015
19 August 2015, 09:30-12:45, Ballroom East Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC) In the spirit of the Lyon Declaration—preserving and ensuring ongoing access to...
News - 7 May 2015
Tags: Access to information, Advocacy, Cultural heritage, Digital preservation, Disaster management, Electronic collections, Government information, International cooperation, Knowledge management, Preservation
- Typhoon Haiyan
Photo © Japan Meteorological Agency and EUMETSAT On behalf of President Sinikka Sipilä, the IFLA Governing Board, and IFLA colleagues around the world we express our...
News - 14 November 2013
- IFLA Disaster Preparedness and Planning: A Brief Manual
International Preservation Issues (IPI) 6 The IFLA Preservation and Conservation Core Activity (PAC) has one major goal: “to ensure that library and archive materials, published and...
Publication - 14 October 2012
- Protection of cultural heritage: Principles of Engagement will guide IFLA in emergency situations
At its meeting in April, the IFLA Governing Board has endorsed Principles of Engagement in library-related activities in times of crisis, conflict or disaster. The Principles are part of IFLA...
News - 23 May 2012
- IFLA Principles of Engagement in library-related activities in times of conflict, crisis or disaster
At its meeting of 19th August 2011, the IFLA Governing Board set up an Advisory Group to draft Principles of Engagement to be used by IFLA and its members in library-related activities of disaster...
Publication - 22 May 2012
Tags: Advocacy, Best practice, Conservation, Cooperation, Cultural heritage, Cultural Heritage topic, Development, Disaster management, Disaster relief, International cooperation, Preservation, Procedures, Profession, Publications, Risk assessment, Society, Sustainability, Publications
- Blue Shield Statement on Christchurch
3 March 2011 Following the recent earthquake in Christchurch, New Zealand, the Blue Shield expresses its great sorrow for the loss of lives and the destructions the city's...
News - 4 March 2011
- Swiss libraries with BSF send 2 containers of equipment to Haitian libraries
A number of Swiss libraries, along with assistance from Libraries without borders (BSF), have sent two shipping containers loaded with books and shelving for Haïtian libraries At 8:30...
News - 26 October 2010
- International Blue Shield's Mission to Haiti - Online Report
The Blue Shield International sent two experts to Port-au-Prince from 11th to 16th of April. Danielle Mincio (IFLA) and Christophe Jacobs (ICA and ANCBS) went there in order to work with our...
News - 4 June 2010
- Official recognition of a new Blue Shield Committee in Haiti
The International Committee on the Blue Shield is very pleased to share with you the official recognition of a new Blue Shield Committee in Haiti. Our colleagues deployed huge efforts to...
News - 28 May 2010
- Blue Shield actions for safeguarding heritage in Haiti
Paris, 22 March 2010 PRESS RELEASE The international Blue Shield network has worked hard in the last weeks on defining an action plan for helping our Haitian colleagues. You...
News - 26 March 2010
- Preparing for the Worst, Planning for the Best: Protecting our Cultural Heritage from Disaster
Throughout history libraries, museums and archives have been struck by disasters, both natural and manmade. Earthquakes and floods, storms and fires have caused huge losses of precious...
Publication - 31 March 2009