Building Strong Library Associations is a comprehensive programme offering a strategic and coordinated approach to capacity building and sustainability of library associations. The programme benefits associations, libraries, and their communities.
The Building Strong Library Associations programme consists of:
- A modular, customizable training package on library association development
- IFLA's policy-based learning materials
- Mentoring and advice on forming partnerships
- Cross-association activities, to bring participants together
- An online platform to provide remote access to materials
Training materials and activities can be customized to meet the needs of different associations, and different language, cultural, political, social and other conditions.
The programme is delivered by the Action for Development through Libraries (ALP) programme.
Last update: 14 December 2012