In order to keep members engaged and informed during #IFLAFromHome, MLAS is launching a webinar series that will feature topics of interest for library associations and members in general. We are very excited to present our first webinar series!
The webinars will be presented from January to July 2021. The first webinar entitled “Library Map of the World: Engagement for Advocacy” will be presented together with IFLA Headquarters on January 14 at 14:00 CET. We invite you to join us and Halo Locher, Chair of the Management of Library Associations Section, Kristine Paberza-Ramirez, IFLA’s Member Engagement Officer, and Stephen Wyber, IFLA’s Policy and Advocacy Manager, as they discuss:
· The importance of being well presented on the IFLA’s Library Map of the World (LMW)
· Engagement scenarios for library associations
· Processes behind keeping the LMW data up to date, preparing and curating country profiles
· The 2021 priorities for Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) stories
· Using the LMW content and resources in library advocacy
The event will be moderated by Randa Chidiac, MLAS SC member. More information about this webinar here: bit.ly/2XiEZoh
The next date in our series is March 16 at 4:00 CET for a forum organized by MLAS with the candidates for IFLA President-Elect.
The other webinars will feature topics such as:
· Library Associations in COVID-19 Times
· Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion in Library Associations
· Social Media for Library Associations
Stay tuned to our future announcements with more information. #IFLAFromHome