Partnering for development - From global to local: the role of knowledge and libraries
Dag Hammarskjöld Library Insights Series
16 Juillet 2019
United Nations Dag Hammarskjöld Library, New York, United States
IFLA will be represented by President Glòria Pérez-Salmerón, Secretary General Gerald Leitner, Manager Policy and Advocacy Stephen Wyber and Communications Officer Maria Violeta Bertolini
Sustainable Development Goal 17 underlines the importance of partnerships, both in terms of sharing ideas and knowledge, and through concrete collaboration between development actors. Libraries have a key stake in both.
The United Nations Dag Hammarskjöld Library, in collaboration with IFLA, invites all UN Ground Pass holders to a knowledge sharing event and Q&A on Tuesday 16 July 2019 2019, 13:15– 14:30 hs in the UN Library (2nd Floor Reading Room).
This event will explore the importance of working together to create, share and apply knowledge, both at the global and local levels, in order to help achieve the 2030 Agenda.
Speakers will include:
- Glòria Pérez-Salmerón, President, International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA)
- Gerald Leitner, Secretary General, International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA)
- Thanos Giannakopoulos, Chief, UN Dag Hammarskjöld Library
- Zoubeida Bouallagui, Head of Unit for Technical Monitoring and Dissemination, Public Reading Directorate of the Ministry of Culture, Tunisia
- Shantanu Mukherjee, Chief of Service, Sustainable Development, UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs.
If you are a UN Ground Pass holder, register here to take part of this event. Space is limited.
Dernière mise à jour: 11 juillet 2019