Digital resources include a variety of formats e.g.:
- Web sites (including blogs/weblogs, integrating resources, and other fast emerging resources)
- Online databases
- CD & DVD-ROMs
These may be: free, fee-based or available for purchase
Access to Digital Resources
Digital resources can be linked to, licensed, or acquired and may be:
- Maintained onsite in a secure and permanent digital repository that is managed by the national bibliographic agency.
- Stored remotely under the management of an external agency or organization even if owned by the NBA
- Accessed directly or remotely:
- Remote access resources are those to be used via computer networks
- Direct access resources are to be used via hand held carriers or via insertion into a computer or smart device.
These varying methods of collecting add to the complexity of what is represented in the national bibliography.
Last update: 5 December 2017