Sustainable Development Goals and Library Associations: Europe Regional Division
Time: 2:30 – 4:00 PM Amsterdam / 8:30 – 10:00 am New York
Time zone converter – find your time
IFLA’s Management of Library Associations Section (MLAS) in collaboration with the New Professionals Special Interest Group (NPSIG), the Environment, Sustainability and Libraries Section (ENSULIB), and the IFLA Regional Divisions is proud to announce a webinar series on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and Library Associations.
The United Nations has stated that the world is in last Decade of Action to meet the SDGs. Libraries are sustainable accelerators. Library associations are key in moving forward the library agenda in each country. MLAS mission is to build and support strong library associations. Collaborating together with other IFLA groups and regions of the world, this activity will allow us to support national library associations highlighting effective strategies that will equip them to help their country to achieve development.
The webinar series “Sustainable Development Goals and Library Associations” follows the IFLA Strategic Direction 1.1 Show the power of libraries in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals. A working group from MLAS in collaboration with IFLA New Professionals SIG and IFLA Regional Divisions will coordinate webinars about various top topics resulting from a survey MLAS carried out during 2020-2021. The webinar format includes interactive opportunities to engage attendees in conversations in languages spoken in the regions.
The event will be recorded. Event updates on the IFLA-L, and on MLAS on Facebook and Twitter.
Moderator: Vidar Lund, President Norwegian Library Association, MLAS Member
- Loida Garcia-Febo, International Library Consultant, Chair IFLA Management of Library Associations
- Dr. Stuart Hamilton, Chair, Europe Regional Division, Head, Libraries Development at Local Government Management Agency
- Sherri Aldis, Director, United Nations Regional Information Centre for Western Europe
- Alicia Sellés Carot, President, FESABID, Spain. MLAS Member.
- Jacqueline Breidlid, German Library Association
- Thomas Sture Rasmussen, SDG Coordinator for The Danish Library Association
- Dr. Claudia Serbanuta, President Communities of the Future Association, Member of the extended board of the Romanian National Association of Public Libraries and Librarians ANBPR