How to get published – an interactive e-learning course
Successfully submitting an article for publication is a dream for many librarians. From research articles and theory to case studies and professional practice, there are journals seeking relevant articles on topics related to library and information studies. However, getting published is not as easy as it may seem. There are many factors to consider. Knowing about these factors and being well prepared will increase your chances of success.
Each year at the IFLA World Library and Information Congress, the IFLA Journal Editorial Committee in conjunction with SAGE Publishing have offered a well-attended How to Get Published session.
SAGE Publishing have created an interactive e-learning course which is freely available. The course is a welcome addition for librarians, researchers and authors who may not be able to attend IFLA WLIC. The information included in the course is relevant to all journals and is not specific to the IFLA Journal.
- Choosing a journal
- Preparing your paper for submission
- The publication process
By the end of the course you will:
- Be able to select the most appropriate journal for your research
- Understand how to successfully prepare your paper for submission
- Have confidence to navigate the peer review process
- Know what to expect from the publishing journey, from submission to publication
The course is available for free and it is expected that it will take between 1 – 3 hours to complete.