31 December 2012
WLIC 2013 Call for Papers: Information for Development Action: Governments, Civil Society and Libraries
The Government Information and Official Publications Section and Government Libraries Section invite proposals for papers to be presented at the World Library and Information Congress (WLIC) in Singapore, August 17th-23th August 2013
This joint session will focus on trends and patterns of information creation and dissemination in the fields of international economic development and poverty. Speakers are invited to explore the types of development and poverty alleviation information being produced, the tools used for its access and discovery, the relationships between international organizations, national governments, and civil society in creating and sharing this information, and the role of libraries in building collections and providing access to this information in an increasingly digital environment. The program will appeal to librarians interested in global economic development, poverty alleviation, development assistance, and trends in official government information and civil society (NGO) publishing.
Subjects of interest include but are not limited to:
- Official government information and strategies for economic growth and poverty alleviation in the Asian region and beyond
- Information sources on development and poverty assistance, impact evaluation, and statistical data
- National government strategies and information sources for economic development
- Poverty alleviation and development information from regional and international governmental organizations, such as the United Nations, the World Bank and regional development banks
- Civil society (NGO) information sources on poverty relief, capacity building, and microfinance
- The role of libraries in collecting, preserving, and providing access to this information
Complete information available on the WLIC 2013 website.