14 March 2017
Notice of IFLA 2017 General Assembly and Call for Agenda Items
The IFLA 2017 General Assembly will be held during the IFLA World Library and Information Congress 2017, 83rd IFLA General Conference and Assembly, in the Centennial Hall, on Wednesday 23 and Thursday 24 August 2017.
IFLA Members may propose items for inclusion in the agenda (Statutes, Art. 9.5). These must reach the IFLA Secretariat by 23 May 2017. Please send proposals by email to email@example.com or by fax +31 70 3834827.
The draft Agenda is provided below. The Convening Notice for the Assembly will be forwarded to Members in June 2017.
Wednesday, 23 August 2017, 16.15–18.00
- Opening by the President, Donna Scheeder
- Appointment of Tellers
- Establishment of a Quorum
- Adoption of the Agenda
- Minutes of the previous meeting, held in Columbus, Ohio, United States of America, 18 and 19 August 2016
- In memoriam of those members who have died during the past year
- Presentation of the Report of the President
- Presentation of the Report of the Secretary General
- Presentation of the Annual Accounts by the Treasurer
- Formal announcement of the results of the Election of President-elect and for places on the Governing Board by the Secretary General
Motions and Resolutions
11.1 Motion to approve the holding of the next General Assembly in August 2018
(Art 8.2 of the Statutes refers)
- Motion to adjourn and reconvene at 16.15 on Thursday, 18 August 2017
Thursday, 24 August 2017, 16.15–17.30
- Address by the President Donna Scheeder
- Presentation of Awards
- Thanks to the outgoing Governing Board
- Introduction of the new Governing Board
- Announcement of WLIC 2019 location
- Vote of thanks WLIC 2017
- Invitation to WLIC 2018 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Close of the Assembly
For details on the conduct of the General Assembly, please refer to the IFLA Statutes.