IFLA’s eagerly-awaited Global Vision Report Summary reveals incredible insights into the views of over 31,000 participants from 190 UN Member States across all seven continents.
Overwhelmingly, the most important key finding from the global vision discussion is the discovery that we are globally united in our goals. Across regions, library types and length of engagement with libraries, we share a deep commitment to the enduring value and role of libraries. This gives us a strong foundation in which to explore how a connected library field can meet the challenges of the future.
Highlights and Opportunities
Unveiled alongside this hugely positive key finding are the top 10 highlights and opportunities that now shape the 2nd phase of the IFLA Global Vision discussion, which asks the library field to build a vibrant 'ideas store' and explore how we can turn ideas into actions.
The Global Vision discussion highlights show libraries are:
- Dedicated to providing equal and free access to information and knowledge
- Deeply committed to core roles in supporting literacy, learning and reading
- Focused on our communities
- Embracing digital innovation
- Strong advocates for libraries at national and regional leader level
- Aware that funding is our biggest challenge
- Eager to work more collaboratively and develop strong partnerships
- Desiring to be less bureaucratic and resistant to change
- Proud to be guardians of the memory of the world
- Attracting young professionals deeply committed and eager to lead
For each Global Vision highlight there are also ten opportunities for action. And this is where the creative work begins!
Download the Report Summary
- [Español – Spanish]
- [Français – French]
- [Deutsch – German]
- [Русский – Russian]
- [中文 – Chinese]
- [العربية – Arabic]
- [čeština – Czech]
- [Català – Catalan]
- [Hrvatski – Croation]
- [Italiano – Italian]
- [Latviešu valoda – Latvian]
- [Português – Portuguese]
- [Română – Romanian]
- [Slovenčina – Slovak]
- [Türkçe – Turkish]
- [монгол хэл – Mongolian]
- [Українська – Ukrainian]
- [አማርኛ – Amharic]
- [فارسی – Persian (Farsi)]
- [עברית – Hebrew]
- [日本語 – Japanese]
- [한국어 – Korean]
*If you’d like to translate the Report Summary into another language, please contact email@example.com.