RISS Congress Presentations
IFLA/RISS presentations, Columbus 2016
Session 125 - Connecting Reference to the Wider Community - Reference and Information Services Section
- Providing Informed Referrals for Immigrant Populations JAMISON, Mark J. (Queens Borough Public Library, United States).
- Town-Gown Collaborations for Enhancing Student Research Skills CLARKE, Kim (Bennett Jones Law Library, University of Calgary, Canada) and DEGREEVE, Jacquelyn (Burnet, Duckworth, Palmer LLP, Canada).
- Inspiring Next Generation Entrepreneurs: Connecting Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SME's), Schools, and Public Libraries through Information Services LEE, Yee Fuang and GOH, Sharlene (Public Library Services, National Library Board, Singapore).
- Biblioteca del Congreso Nacional: Innovando en los Servicios de Referencias en el Marco de una nueva vinculación Ciudadana para Chile BAEZ, Claudia Jara and RATAMALES, Gladys Muñoz ( Departamento de Producción de Recursos de Información, Chile). English Translation.
- Changing Information needs of Online Collaborative Researchers: A Challenge for Reference Librarians ADEAGBO, Omobolade (Hezekiah Oluwasanmi Library, Obafemi Awolowo University, Nigeria), VAN DEVENTER, Martie (Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), South Africa), ASOBIOJO, Bukky (Hezekiah Oluwasanmi Library, Obafemi Awolowo University, Nigeria), and PIENAAR, Heila (University of Pretoria, South Africa).
- The Reference Interview in the Google Age CURRY, Evelyn L. (Texas Woman's University, United States).
IFLA/RISS presentations, Cape Town 2015
Session 190 - Surprise Yourselves! New Models of Reference and Information Services - Reference and Information Services Section
Research Consultations and Co-Location Adds Value to the Reference & Information Services and Instruction Continuum: Towards to Holistic Learning Experience at the Singapore Management University Library MUNOO, Rajemdra (Li Ka Shing Library, Singapore Management University, Singapore)
Teaching Ethics to Teens Via School Library Reference Services FARMER, Leslie S.J. (Department of Advances Studies in Education and Counseling, California State University, Long Beach, United States)
Sustainable academic libraries in Australia: exploring ‘radical collaborations’ and implications for reference services SPUTORE, Alissa and HUMPHRIES, Philomena and STEINER, Nola (University Library, Western Australia University, Perth, Australia)
Developing Digital Reference Service Around Civic Movements: A Case Study of the Sunflower Student Movement in Taiwan CHEN, Yung-ting (Information and Archival Studies, National Chengchi University, Taipei, Taiwan) and CHU, Ming-yuan (Graduate Institute of Library & Information Studies, National Taiwan Normal University, Taipei, Taiwan)
The Reference Librarian as a Partner in Community Service in Nigeria DAWHA, Emmanuel (Library Science in University of Maiduguri, Borno State, Nigeria) and OYEDUM, Georgina (Library and Information Technology in Federal University of Technology, Minna, Niger State, Nigeria)
The reference librarian’s new approach to coach information literacy skills for children: a new approach in reference and information services in the City of Cape Town VAN DER WALT, Flippie (Library and Information Services, City of Cape Town, South Africa)
IFLA/RISS presentations, Lyon 2014
Session 101 — Google is not enough: Reference and Information Services for the transfer of knowledge - reframing the discussion — Reference and Information Services
IFLA/RISS presentations, Singapore 2013
Session 152 - Change as a constant: infinite possibilities for reference and information services - Reference and Information Services
- MOYO, Lesley and NARDINE, Jennifer A living network supports reference on-the-go
- BHATTACHARYA, Udayan and ROY, Avik Digital reference services for people with special needs: what, why and how?
- RADNIECKI, Tara Study on emerging technologies librarians: how a new library position and its competencies are evolving to meet the technology and information needs of libraries and their patrons
- LENA, Sam and RAMAKRISHNAN, Rama Ravikumar and VENKATACHALAM, Kannadasan Information services for the engineering community: explorations in the hybrid environment
- BENN, Jill and MCLOUGHLIN, Dawn Facing our future: social media takeover, coexistence or resistance? the integration of social media and reference services
- LIM, Chee Kiam and CHINNASAMY, Balakumar Connecting library content using data mining and text analytics on structured and unstructured data
IFLA/RISS presentations, Helsinki 2012
Generation Google needs us: new roles for visibility in the digital age for information & reference services - Reference and Information Services
Congress track 1: Open access and digital resources.
Information "Lost and Found" - new models for library reference service (slides)
RAUHA MAARNO (e-Library Unit, Helsinki City Library, Helsinki, Finland)
Does GENERATION Google REALLY need us? (slides)
PETER SIDORKO (University Library, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China) and DIANNE CMOR (Hong Kong Baptist University Library, Hong Kong, China)
Reference Librarianship on the Fly: taking the Librarian out of the Library (slides)
SARA WINGATE GRAY (University College, University of London, San Francisco, California, USA)
How can we make our digital material more visible in the physical library? (paper)
LINDA VIDLUND and CECILIA PETERSSON (Uppsala University Library, Uppsala, Sweden)
If we build it, will they come? Understanding reference users in the age of texting (slides)
LILI LUO (School of Library & Information Science, San Jose State University, San Jose, California, USA)
Last update: 16 May 2018