10 October 2018
Professional Support Officer
The International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA) Headquarters is looking for an experienced Professional Support Officer to join a dynamic international team working with volunteers worldwide.
Over the next ten years, IFLA aims to transform the library field and itself through concerted and coordinated efforts at the global, regional, and national level. The ultimate benefit of this work will be seen at the local level through better library services helping more people gain literacy, improve their education, find employment, improve their health, etc. IFLA has outlined a number of activities to initiate this transformation and a key to their success will be the ability to coordinate and involve the many professional volunteers who dedicate time and energy to work in committees on IFLA projects. In this position, you will be communicating and working with people from all library sectors and regions of the world.
IFLA Headquarters is located in The Hague (next to The Hague Central Station) in The Netherlands.
Key areas of Responsibility
This position is part of the Member Services Team. The Professional Support Officer manages and supports the work of the Professional Committee. The officer is the key liaison point for Sections and Special Interest Groups on governance and professional matters regarding the intersection of their activities and IFLA’s strategic and operational goals. They help to coordinate professional activities at the annual IFLA Congress. The position works closely with the Chair of the IFLA Professional Committee to support the activities of the Professional Committee.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least 5 years of experience working with committees, preparing and writing agendas, papers and minutes;
- Strong applied knowledge of governance, rules and procedures in a membership organisation or similar;
- Effective networking and personal communication skills;
- Problem solving skills and an ability to enthuse others to engage in activities;
- High level administrative skills with an ability to multitask;
- Excellent written & verbal communications and presentation skills in English (native speaker desirable);
- Ability to manage and monitor projects to meet budgetary and outcome goals;
- Digital communication skills, including writing, editing and delivering web content.
Additionally, the candidate will have:
- Knowledge / awareness of issues and trends in the information environment / the library profession;
- Experience in working within an international NGO organisation;
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
The gross monthly salary offered will be EUR 3,605 per month in line with the Collective Agreement of Public Libraries in The Netherlands. You will also receive a holiday allowance (8% of your annual salary), an end of year bonus and enjoy 25 days of holidays per year. You will also participate in IFLA’s group pension scheme.
The closing date is 9 November 2018. Due to the high volume of applications we are expecting to receive, interested candidates are advised to submit their applications as soon as possible.
How to apply
Please send your CV including a motivation letter addressing the responsibilities and skills required for the position in English to email@example.com. Only candidates with valid documentation to work in The Netherlands will be considered.