Advocate for the IFLA Position on Internet Governance within WSIS and IGF forums to raise awareness of the significant roles for the library and information sector in the public policy and development issues that are relevant to Internet governance; and IFLA’s responsibilities as the moderator of two WSIS sub-themes, Access to information relating to ‘Libraries and Archives’ and Cultural diversity and identity, linguistic diversity and local content relating to ‘Heritage’.
In 2013 – 2014 priority will be given to:
- participating in the IGF in international meetings by hosting workshops and seminars;
- participating in discussions arising out of the Vancouver Declaration and UNESCO Digital Roadmap;
- Delivering and promoting a privacy position statement, co-ordinated by FAIFE;
- participating in other UN related activities;
- monitoring internet governance matters including net neutrality, privacy, domain name registrations and surveillance as they impact on the role and services provided by libraries.
Last update: 29 July 2014