Pour traductions voir le site du CFI

Passports, Visas and Letters of Invitation


Passports, Visa, Letter of invitationPassports & Visas

Nordic citizens and citizens from countries within the Schengen area may enter Sweden without presenting their passport. However, Nordic citizens and other EU/EES citizens should make a point of taking along documentation, such as a passport or national identity card. For other nationalities, a valid passport is required for entry into Sweden.

Participants from most countries outside the EU will need to obtain a visa for entry into Sweden. For information concerning visa requirements, please visit the Information on Visas webpage from the Swedish Government. Please contact your nearest Swedish Consulate or Embassy for specific details.

In addition, the Business and Conference Vists webpage from the Swedish Migration Board offers helpful information in English with regard to visa applications and include application forms.

To be certain that you will receive your visa in time, you should submit your application at least two months before you are due to travel to Sweden. During the holiday period of June-August this process may take even longer.

Letters of Invitation

To request a letter of invitation, please visit the IFLA 2010 Invitation Letters webpage.

A letter of invitation along with any other necessary documentation must be submitted by the delegate to the relevant Embassy or Consulate together with a copy of your registration confirmation. You can ask for an online personalised letter of invitation on the Congress website. Please note that this procedure aims to assist participants who need to obtain a visa or permission to attend the Congress. It is not an official invitation covering fees and other expenses, nor does it imply any financial support from the Congress.

Last update: 24 February 2010