Development and Access to Information (DA2I)
Development and Access to Information (DA2I) is a series of annual reports that will monitor the progress countries are making towards fulfilling their commitment to promote meaningful access to information as part of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
IFLA, in partnership with the Technology & Social Change Group (TASCHA) at the University of Washington Information School, launched the first DA2I on July 2017 at the United Nations High Level Political Forum (UN HLPF) in New York. The DA2I is intended for UN member states, intergovernmental organizations, funders, civil society, other stakeholders working in development, and the library community itself.
Delivering on a commitment in the Lyon Declaration on Access to Information and Development, it was designed as an advocacy tool to demonstrate the invaluable contribution that information access, particularly through libraries, makes to promoting more socially and economically inclusive societies.
As well as updating on progress on a range of indicators of access to information, each DA2I report will have a focus on the SDGs selected for review at the HLPF in the year of publication. This includes thematic chapters on how access to information promotes the achievement of each of the selected SDGs.
Download the DA2I:
- DA2I 2017 Full Report [English — PDF — 1.8 MB]
- English [PDF — 241 KB]
- Arabic [PDF — 297 KB]
- Chinese [PDF — 267 KB]
- French [PDF — 180 KB]
- German [PDF — 183 KB]
- Russian [PDF — 229 KB]
- Spanish [PDF — 182 KB]
- DA2I Leaflet [English — PDF — 1.8 MB]
- DA2I Fact Sheet [English — PDF — 1.95 MB]
- IFLA Webinar: Development and Access to Information (DA2I) (English)
- Webinar de l’IFLA : Développement et Accès à l’Information (DA2I) (French)
- Webinar de la IFLA: Desarrollo y Acceso a la Información (DA2I) (Spanish)
Use the DA2I to help you promote the role of libraries in development in your country:
- Share the DA2I in your blogs, websites, newsletters, and in social media using the #Lib4Dev and #DA2I hastags!
- Use it as a basis for discussion within your association – what does development and access to information mean for you, your members, and library users in your country
- Look at your country statistics on the measures of access to information
- Translate the Executive Summary into your language (contact us to get the template to facilitate translation!)
- Present copies or send the link when you are meeting with relevant ministers or senior officials
- Download and learn more about the DA2I: DA2I.ifla.org
Ask us any questions! Contact IFLA at: DA2I@ifla.org
Last update: 5 October 2017