Content tagged Media and Information Literacy (MIL)
Ordered by publication date from most to less recent.
(These results include any available translations of the original English documents.)
- Libraries, Media and Information Literacy Only Sustainable Response to Fake News
Faced with growing concerns over fake news, the European Union launched a consultation on fake news, and how to fight it in November 2017. IFLA has responded, underlining that the only...
News - 2 February 2018
- European Parliament Research Underlines Library Role in Media Literacy
Libraries have long helped users to develop their capacity to spot where information is needed, and then to find it and apply it. From trying to deal with a health issue or finding a job, to the...
News - 4 January 2018
- The Need for Libraries has Never Been Greater: IFLA Speaks at Major Information Literacy Conference
At a time of concern about the future of the Internet, there has never been a greater need both for information literacy, and for librarians as information literacy specialists....
News - 20 September 2017
- Libraries Fighting Fake News: Uses of the IFLA Infographic
Libraries have been active in taking the IFLA infographic on How to Spot Fake News, and using it to promote media and information literacy. IFLA has produced a short report on initiatives to day...
Publication - 20 August 2017
- Just released: The Moscow Declaration on Media and Information Literacy
Conference participants in the Atlas Park-Hotel Hall (Source: UNESCO) In order to raise public awareness of the significance, scale and topicality of the tasks of...
News - 23 July 2012
- IFLA Media and Information Literacy Recommendations
Final version In order to survive and develop, make decisions, and solve problems in every facet of life - personal, social, educational, and professional, individuals, communities, and...
Publication - 28 March 2012