Content tagged Code of Ethics
Ordered by publication date from most to less recent.
(These results include any available translations of the original English documents.)
- Strengthening Professional Conduct and Ethics among LIS Professionals in Sri Lanka: An IFLA/BSLA Workshop by the Sri Lanka Library Association (SLLA)
On 16 February 2017, an IFLA/BSLA workshop took place at the Uva Provincial Library Services Board (UPLSB) in Badulla, Sri Lanka. It was organized by the Sri Lanka Library Association (SLLA)...
News - 7 September 2017
- Different Paths, Same Principles – Discussing Library Codes of Ethics
The work of libraries in providing access to knowledge is not a simple one. As well as much discussed constraints linked to levels of funding, staffing and copyright laws, librarians and library...
News - 23 December 2016
Tags: Access to information, Code of Ethics, Croatia, Freedom of expression, Ireland, Professional ethics, United Kingdom, FAIFE (Committee on Freedom of Access to Information and Freedom of Expression)
- IFLA Code of Ethics for Librarians and other Information Workers (full version)
Contents Preamble Access to information Responsibilities towards individuals and society Privacy, secrecy and transparency...
Publication - 27 December 2012
- IFLA Code of Ethics for Librarians and other Information Workers (short version)
Preamble This Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct is offered as a series of ethical propositions for the guidance of individual librarians as well as other information workers, and for...
Publication - 12 October 2012
- The Ethics of Librarianship: An International Survey
This book brings together papers on professional ethics for library and information services from 17 countries—from Argentina to Uganda—approaching professional concerns and responses...
Publication - 28 March 2011