Content tagged Poland
Ordered by publication date from most to less recent.
(These results include any available translations of the original English documents.)
- IFLA SIG Library History session at 2017 Conference Wroclaw - UPDATE
I do hope I get to meet up with those of you interested in library history at the IFLA conference in Poland. After our session on Sunday 20 August, 2017, and just...
News - 24 July 2017
- IFLA SOCRS satellite meeting 2017
Satellite conference of the IFLA Section on Serials and Other Continuing Resources, co-sponsored by the IFLA Section on Acquisition and Collection Development and the European Solidarity Center (...
Event - 14 July 2017
- Invitation to attend IFLA 2017 Satellite meetings
This is a call for participants to register and attend below Satellite meetings held 16 & 17 Aug 2017. Innovation and the User Experience: Evaluating and Implementing Discovery...
News - 19 June 2017
- IFLA 2017 Satellite Meeting: Library Theory and Research Section, Preservation and Conservation Section & Information Technology, Warsaw University, Faculty of Journalism, Information and Book Studies, Warsaw, Poland
The primary goal of the Satellite Meeting is to engage the international scholarly community in a conversation leading to a better understanding of the challenges that the new requirements for the...
Event - 19 June 2017
- IFLA 2017 Satellite Meeting: Reference and Information Services & Information Technology, University of Warsaw Library, Warsaw, Poland
This two-days pre-conference will attempt to explore the current work in the creation, implementation and use of discovery tools from the perspective of information technology experts and the...
Event - 19 June 2017
- Understanding Your Library from the Inside Out: A Workshop in Library Ethnography for User Assessment - Social Science Libraries with Africa Section
This off-site workshop is free and will focus on helping librarians to understand and use ethnographic research methods--long used for cultural anthropology research--to better understand...
News - 26 May 2017
- LIS professionals supporting women living in conflict situations: WIL SIG Satellite Meeting
Join us for the WIL SIG satellite meeting which will discuss current library and information initiatives which are supporting and improving the lives of women living in conflict situations...
Event - 31 March 2017
- Notice of IFLA 2017 General Assembly and Call for Agenda Items
The IFLA 2017 General Assembly will be held during the IFLA World Library and Information Congress 2017, 83rd IFLA General Conference and Assembly, in the Centennial Hall, on Wednesday 23 and...
News - 14 March 2017
- IFLAcamp #5 in Wrocław
Registration is now closed. 52 professionals from 30 different countries registered! Follow the updates on our Facebook page event: https://www.facebook.com/events/286239041744653...
Event - 9 March 2017
Tags: Associations, camp, Communities of practice, Education, Education and training, Future of libraries, IFLAcamp, iflacamp2017, Information professionals, Meetings, New professionals, Poland, Satellite Meeting, Web 2.0, New Professionals
- IFLA Knowledge Management Open Session 19 -25 August 2017 Wroclaw, Poland
Event - 22 February 2017
- Call for papers: Metropolitan Libraries main programme at WLIC 2017 in Wrocław
IFLA’s Metropolitan Libraries Section invites you to submit a proposal for its main programme at the 83rd IFLA World Library and Information Congress to be held in Wrocław, Poland, 19-25...
News - 6 February 2017
- IFLA World Library and Information Congress 83rd IFLA General Conference and Assembly
IFLA World Library and Information Congress 83rd IFLA General Conference and Assembly The IFLA World Library and Information Congress is the international flagship professional and...
Event - 25 January 2017
- Call for Papers WLIC 2017 – Environment, Sustainability and Libraries Special Interest Group joint with Public Libraries Section
Theme: “More than Green – Sustainability of Practice – Public Libraries and the 2030 United Nations Agenda” Proposals must be submitted by 28 February, 2017 and selected...
News - 24 January 2017
- Call for Papers: Agricultural Libraries SIG
Papers are invited to be presented in the Open session of Agricultural Libraries SIG during 83rd IFLA General Conference and Assembly, Wroclaw, Poland in August 2017. Theme: Agricultural...
News - 19 January 2017
- August IFLA Governing Board meetings
GB I Meeting: 18 August [2015-2017 Governing Board] GB II Meeting: 25 August [2017-2019 Governing Board] IFLA's Governing Board (GB) is responsible for the governance...
Event - 6 January 2017
- LTR IFLA Satellite Meeting 2017 in Warsaw
Data curation has emerged as a new area of responsibility for researchers, librarians, and information professionals in the digital environment. Digital technologies continue transforming...
Event - 14 December 2016
- SIG Library History Call for Papers for IFLA 2017 Conference
Many thanks to the SIG Committee for their comments and support of our Call for Papers for the upcoming 2017 IFLA Conference in Wroclaw. It can be found here: http://2017.ifla.org/cfp-calls/...
News - 24 November 2016
- Call for papers WLIC 2017 - Audiovisual and Multimedia Section joint with Information Literacy Section and School Libraries Section
The Audiovisual and Multimedia Section, Information Literacy Section and School Libraries Sections invite you to submit an abstract for IFLA WLIC 2017 (Wrocław, Poland, 19–25 August 2017...
News - 22 November 2016
Tags: Access to information, Access to knowledge, Audiovisual and multimedia, Cultural heritage, Digital resources, Document delivery, Education, Education and training, Electronic collections, Electronic delivery, Electronic resources, Information Literacy Section, Information technology, Internet access, Poland, School Libraries Section, Audiovisual and Multimedia
- WLIC 2017 session: Multicultural Library Guideline and Toolkit - Cases Studies and Illustrations from a Global Perspective
In 2015 this Section published an IFLA/Manifesto – Implementation Kit based on the IFLA/UNESCO Multicultural Library Manifesto. The session will start with a workshop about the Toolkit and...
Event - 16 November 2016
- Effective Libraries Central to Sustainable Access to Information: IFLA Participates in CopyCamp 2016
Copyright, and in particular exceptions and limitations to the exclusive powers it offers writers and publishers, is crucial for libraries. A good copyright framework allows libraries to preserve...
News - 29 October 2016
- UNESCO World Book Capital City Wrocław 2016
In 2014 Wrocław was named UNESCO World Book Capital 2016. This event represents the official opening of UNESCO World Book Capital Wrocław 2016 and will include the participation of writers...
Event - 23 February 2016
- UNESCO announces Wroclaw (Poland) as World Book Capital 2016
The city of Wroclaw (Poland) has been named World Book Capital for 2016. The decision was made by an international committee of experts on 24 June during a meeting at UNESCO’s headquarters...
News - 27 June 2014
- Polish translation of ACD Electronic resource guide now available!
After the Russian, the French and the Arabic version, we are now proud to introduce the Polish version: access the Polish translation here. Please also refer to our blog...
News - 9 April 2013
- 2012 Satellite Meeting in Warsaw
IFLA Bibliography Section and IFLA Cataloguing Section invite you to the joint satellite meeting Bibliography in the digital age (Registration deadline 30 June 2012!) Conference Theme and Focus...
Event - 1 June 2012
- Call for papers
IFLA Bibliography Section and IFLA Cataloguing Section invite proposals for papers to be presented at a joint satellite meeting prior to the World Library and Information Congress (WLIC) 2012....
News - 20 December 2011