50 Jornadas Mexicanas de Biblioteconomía
President Glòria Pérez-Salmerón will participate in the 50 Mexican Library Days (50 Jornadas Mexicanas de Biblioteconomía), which takes place from 18-21 June 2019 at the Mexico City Library in Mexico City, Mexico.
Within the framework of the 65th anniversary of La Asociación Mexicana de Bibliotecarios, A.C. (AMBAC – Mexican Association of Librarians), the 50 Mexican Library Days will be celebrated under the auspices of the General Directorate of Libraries of the Ministry of Culture under the general theme of Libraries in the democratic changes of Mexico (Bibliotecas en los cambios democráticos de Mexico).
The subtopics to be developed are:
- AMBAC within the framework of its 50 Days and 65 years of its foundation: a vision for the future
- Libraries for peace: integral development of the communities
- Public Libraries of Mexico: a need for ongoing study
- Libraries and transparency: the right of access to information
- The actors of knowledge: reader, author, publisher, bookseller, arts and crafts of the book
- The libraries of Mexico: drivers of change in the fulfillment of the UN 2030 objectives
- Latin American librarians and their contribution to the IFLA's Global Vision
President Glòria Pérez-Salmerón will participate in the opening, coordinate a panel about Association's future, and also give a keynote (Conferencia magistral) on the topic of the United Nations SDGs and Global Vision of Libraries (Los objetivos de desarrollo sostenible de la agenda 2030 de Naciones Unidas y la Visión Global de las bibliotecas).
More information (in Spanish): Asociación Mexicana de Bibliotecarios, A.C.