9th Shanghai International Library Forum
The 9th Shanghai International Library Forum (SILF2018) will be held on October 17-19, 2018 at the Shanghai Library. This forum is organized by the Shanghai Library (Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of Shanghai), co-organized by Ministry of Culture Research Center for Public Culture Affairs at Shanghai Library, the Shanghai Society for Library Science and the Shanghai Society for Scientific &Technical Information, and supported by the Academic Research Committee of Library Society of China.
The theme of the forum is "Library for All: Towards a Smarter and Inclusive Society". The conference will focus on hot issues and topics, the latest research achievements, innovative ideas, advanced technology and the latest developments related to the theme, and conduct in-depth and extensive academic discussions. Well-known experts and scholars will be invited to present keynote speeches and specific reports. To ensure the academic quality of this forum and attract more paper submissions, scholars of library and information science, managers of libraries and information agencies, and professionals from all fields at home and abroad are invited to submit papers and attend the conference.
Topics of the Conference
- Smart age and smart libraries
- The transformation and innovation of libraries in the age of “Internet+”
- Library collection development and knowledge organization
- “Library+” and universal reading promotion
- Cross-border cooperation of libraries
- Design ideas in the library
- Digital humanities and library services
- Library science education and disciplinary construction
IFLA President Glòria Pérez-Salmerón will deliver a keynote speech.