Conference “Library Science in the 21st Century: Content, Organization, Digitalisation, and Scientometrics”
The Russian State Library, the Russian National Library, and the Russian Library Association invite you to take part in the International Scientific and Practical Conference “Library Science in the 21st Century: Content, Organization, Digitalisation, and Scientometrics”. The purpose of the conference is to identify emerging issues and pinpoint factors that promote LIS studies, discuss the ways of organizing and assessing the effectiveness of library science, and exchange best practices in the field of digitalisation of scientific activities.
The conference is part of agenda of the Year of Science and Technology and it will take place at the Russian State Library (3/5 Vozdvizhenka, Moscow) on 19-20 October 2021 and will be held in both online and offline formats. The language of the conference is Russian and English.
Conference page: www.rsl.ru/ru/events/afisha/conf/bibliotechnayanauka-v-xxi-veke
Contact information for foreign participants: Irina Gayshun, Head, International relations GayshunIV@rsl.ru
– The role and importance of science in the implementation of state library policy
– Scientific work at the library: regulatory and legal principles and forms of organization
– Library as both an R&D agent and object
– Priority areas of library science, bibliography, and bibliological research
– Scientific and publishing activities at the library: conventions and innovations
– The place of professional library periodicals in modern scientific communication
– Modern methods of assessing scientific work
– Digital technologies in LIS: implementation issues and areas of application
– Training of highly qualified personnel: problems and future considerations
Event info shared by IFLA Library Theory and Research Section for IFLA Social Sciences Libraries Section