Connecting the Next 4 Billion
Join IFLA, the International Research & Exchanges Board (IREX), and the New York Public Library for an evening reception to discuss why inclusive access to information and technology is imperative to meet the new development agenda, and how community spaces like libraries are already implementing this vision.
The Sue and Edgar Wachenheim III Trustees Room
The New York Public Library
Fifth Avenue at 42nd Street, New York, NY, 10018
Tuesday, 29 September 2015
5:30 to 7:30 pm
Cocktails and Hors D'oeuvres will be served.
- Donna Scheeder, President, International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA)
- Ann Mei Chang, Executive Director, USAID Global Development Lab
- Mark Surman, Executive Director, Mozilla Foundation
- Kristin Lord, President and CEO, IREX
- Gary Fowlie, Head, ITU Liaison to the United Nations
- Myat Sann Nyein, Project Manager, Beyond Access and Myanmar Book Aid and Preservation Foundation
The UN2030 Sustainable Development Goals are prioritizing digital literacy skills and affordable access to the Internet so that more people are able to fully participate in the information society. Join us for an evening reception to discuss why inclusive access to information and technology is imperative to meet this new development agenda, and how community spaces like libraries are already delivering on this vision.
Space is limited. Please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org by 18 September 2015.