IFLA ENSULIB Webinar Series – Publishing for Sustainable Development
Publishing for Sustainable Development: How Libraries and Publishers can Support the UN Sustainable Development Goals
In this webinar, Nicola will discuss
- Why Springer Nature (SN) has a focus on the UN Sustainable Development Goals, and how this fits in with their overall strategy
- Why and how libraries have an important role to play in supporting the Goals
- Springer Nature’s partnership with the Association of Libraries in the Netherlands (VSNU) to look at societal impact of research content, with a focus on the SDGs
- Other projects and initiatives SN has developed in support of the Goals
Nicola Jones is Head of Publishing for the Springer Nature SDG Programme: Springer Nature’s response to the UN Sustainable Development Goals. In this role she is responsible for coordinating the publishing activity across Springer Nature where it relates to the UN SDGs, with the aim of bringing research that has the potential to help achieve the Goals to the attention of those best placed to implement it. In order to do this, she works with the editors and publishers across Springer Nature’s journals, books and other products and across all relevant disciplines to ensure that the approach is joined up, information is shared across departments and that all relevant colleagues are engaged with the programme. She is also engaged in external facing work to raise the profile of research to address the SDGs, for example through events like the annual Science for a Sustainable Future conference, which is hosted in partnership with the UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network.
Nicola has worked in academic publishing for 15 years in a variety of roles managing journal and book portfolios across the physical, social and life sciences. With an undergraduate degree in Genetics and a Masters in Psychology, she is passionate about the need for interdisciplinary collaboration for solving complex global problems and the importance of solid research evidence to inform policy and practice.
- Harri Sahavirta email@example.com
- Petra Hauke firstname.lastname@example.org
- Priscilla Pun email@example.com
- Beth Filar Williams firstname.lastname@example.org
- Antonia Mocatta email@example.com
- Vivienne Byrd firstname.lastname@example.org