IFLAPARL 37th annual pre-conference: The parliamentary life of information
Theme: How library & research services provide value for parliaments, Members and citizens
The IFLA Library and Research Services for Parliaments Section and the Houses of the Oireachtas’ Library and Research Service are delighted to working with colleagues from around the world to share experiences and best practice in the provision of library and research services to parliaments, their members and committees, as well as citizens.
The conference programme has been developed around three topics:
Library and information services
- Strengthening information literacy
- Preserving and making use of parliament’s memory and historic collections.
Research, evidence and quality
- Library & research services in support of evidence-based policy work and parliamentary scrutiny
- Quality: ensuring library & research services that are fit for parliamentary purpose.
Connecting and innovating
- Kaleidoscope: lightning talks on trends and innovations from individual services.
There will be presentations and plenty of scope for interaction and debate among participants.
There will also be a group photo and a tour of the Houses of the Oireachtas.
Selected sessions of the pre-conference programme may be live-streamed.
We invite you to visit the website that has been kindly prepared by the Houses of the Oireachtas.
Come and join us in Dublin!