Conferences and Seminars
Symposium on the Way Forward for an Egyptian Ratification of the Marrakech Treaty
Venue: Bibliotheca Alexandrina Date: Sunday, 12 February 2017
The objective is to bring together relevant stakeholders from Egyptian Library and VI communities and appropriate Government, Parliamentary and Legislative Leaders to identify Egyptian Solutions to the Book Famine.
Closing Statement from the Symposium: English translation and Arabic translation
World Library and Information Congress: 82th IFLA General Conference and Assembly, Columbus, USA.
Session 200: Collaborating across borders - making accessible resources available -
1. WIPO's Accessible Books Consortium: Implementing the Marrakesh Treaty and Facilitating Cross-Border Exchange
Michelle Woods (World Intellectual Property Organization , Switzerland
2. AVH and Tigar: Point of view of a French library on the global cooperation perspectives. Luc Maumet, (AVH France)
3. Identyfying Resources: FRBR and Accessibility. Chris Oliver (University of Ottawa Library, Canada)
4. Metadata for Accessible Information: Current Possibilities and Future Potentials. Rehab Ouf (Bibliotheca Alexandrina, Egypt)
5. Producing talking books in Arabic - A Nordic collaboration. Kristina Passad (The Swedish Agency for Accessible Media, Sweden)
6. Learning from each other: The Ulverscroft experience - Jelena Lesaja ( Croatian Library for the Blind) and Yasmine Youssef ( Bibliotheca Alexandrina, Egypt)
Poster session: Meet our voices - presented by Jelena Lesaja
- Satellite meeting: Tailoring the Reading Experience to Meet Individual Needs, Louisville, Kentucky, USA. August 11-12, 2016.
World Library and Information Congress: 81th IFLA General Conference and Assembly, Cape Town, South Africa.
LPD session Program: Tuesday 18 August 2015 (10.45-12.45)
Title: The inclusive library: How to render inclusive library services to blind and visually impaired people.
- LPD Standing Committee meetings: Saturday 15 August, 9.45 - 12.15 - (Room 1.63-64) and Wednesday 19 August, 11.30-12.45 (Room 2.44/2.46
World Library and Information Congress: 80th IFLA General Conference and Assembly, Lyon, France.
Theme: How special are we anyway? Bringing accessible reading to mainstream libraries and markets; Progress and Challenges Ahead
LPD Satellite Conference
22-23 August 2014, Paris, France
Theme: eBooks for everyone! An opportunity for more inclusive libraries
- World Library and Information Congress: 79th IFLA General Conference and Assembly, Singapore. Theme: "Future Libraries: Infinite Possibilities"
- LPD Standing Committee meetings: Saturday 17 August, 9:45 - 12.15 and Tuesday 20 August, 16:45 - 18:15.
- LPD Session program on Saturday 20 August 11:45 - 13:45: "Search, find and read: three steps to access; what has the future library to offer the print disabled? — Libraries Serving Persons with Print Disabilities"
Congress track 4: Tools and techniques
- The WIPO Treaty for the Visually Impaired; Francisco Martinez Calvo, ONCE, Spain
- Mainstreaming of accessible digital library network - impact of EPUB3; Hiroshi Kawamura, Assistive Technology Development Organization, Japan
- Challenges and road map of solutions for accessible books in India; Dipendra Manocha, DAISY Consortium, India
- Talking books and reading children: children describing their use of talking books; Bitte Kronkvist, Swedish Agency for Accessible Media
- News flash! Read all about it: who can? We can now! Michael Simpson, Vision Australia
- Mobile solutions for accessible teading; the Dutch approach; Menno Stein, Stichting Aangepast Lezen, The Netherlands
World Library and Information Congress: 78th IFLA General Conference and Assembly, Helsinki, Finland
Theme: Steps towards a global accessible library
- Satellite Meeting: Let’s Read: Reading and Print Disabilities in Young People, 8-9 August, Tallinn, Estonia
World Library and Information Congress: 77th IFLA General Conference and Assembly, San Juan, Puerto Rico
LPD Session: e-Book technologies: global accessibility and information for all
World Library and Information Congress: 76th IFLA General Conference and Assembly, Gothenburg, Sweden
LPD Session: “The right to read” - How to include excluded citizens in the knowledge society?
Satellite Meeting: With the Right to Read: 7-9 August 2010, Oslo, Norway
Sponsors: IFLA Library Services to People with Special Needs; Libraries Serving Persons with Print Disabilities; Literacy and Reading Sections; co-sponsors: The International DAISY Consortium, The International Network for Easy to Read
World Library and Information Congress: 75th IFLA General Conference and Assembly, Milan, Italy
LPD Session: Using technology to give the past a future: the journey from Braille to XML
People, Public Libraries, Publishers (P3) conference: Better Library Services for Print Disabled Persons through Partnerships with Publishers and Public Libraries
August 17–20, 2009 Belgium and Netherlands. A selection of P3 Conference Photos are also available.
- Conference program and conference abstracts
- Conference resolution
- How to bring library services to persons with dyslexia into focus at your library? Jette Bendix Pedersen, Ballerup; Helle Mortensen, Lyngby, Denmark
Integrating Library Services with Daisy Books in Public Libraries Geert Ruebens, director, LUISTERPUNT, Flemish Library for Audio and Braille Books
The inclusion of the library service to visually impaired people in the Dutch public library system Thea van Lankvelt, The Netherlands Public Libraries Association
Do we reach our target groups? Bitte Kronkvist, The Swedish Library of Talking Books and Braille
The key role of cooperation to keep library service for the blind and visually impaired sustainable Dijana Sabolović-Krajina, Public Library “Fran Galović” Koprivnica,Croatia
The services for the blind and print disabled people in Hirakata City Library Atsushi Hattori, Hirakata City Central Library
Daisy-books: cooperation Luisterpunt – public libraries
- ProBiblio: Provincial Service Organisation for public libraries
The Nealis Story Mark Freeman, Libraries Manager, South Tyneside Council & Chair, Share the Vision
Service Centre for Print Disabled Persons Yvonne Sinkeldam, Biblioservice Gelderland
World Library and Information Congress: 74th IFLA General Conference and Council, Québec City, Canada, 10-14 August
LPD Session: Achieve more through design for all
DAISY Seminar, February 27-28
World Library and Information Congress, Durban, South Africa
Theme: Best practice in library services for print disabled children
- Satellite Meeting Theme: Library Service for print disabled people: a tool for literacy
- DAISY Workshop (June)
- 2004 Conference Papers of the World Library and Information Congress: 70th IFLA General Conference and Council
Marburg/Lahn, Allemagne, (Edition francaise)
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Last update: 15 August 2017