2009 IFLA Governing Board Election Results
10 June 2009
IFLA has pleasure in announcing the result of the postal ballot for the election of the Governing Board 2009:
- Jesús Lau (Mexico) (2nd term) 1199
- Sinikka Sipilä (Finland) (2nd term) 1123
- Barbara Schleihagen (Germany) (2nd term) 1063
- Helena Asamoah-Hassan (Ghana) (2nd term) 991
- Danielle Mincio (Switzerland) (2nd term) 859
- Qiang Zhu (China) 811
- Tone Eli Moseid (Norway) 797
- Donna Scheeder (United States) 770
- Paul Whitney (Canada) 763
Pascal Sanz (France) (2nd term) 749
- Joaquín Selgas Gutiérrez (Spain) (2nd term) 726
- Yakov Shrayberg (Russian Federation) 672
- Susan McKnight (United Kingdom) 618
- Eva Semertzaki (Greece) 509
- Edward Swanson (United States) 397
There are 10 vacancies for elected places on the Governing Board. The first 10 candidates in order of the number of votes cast are therefore elected. They are indicated in the list above. They serve on the Governing Board for the term 2009-2011.
The total number of valid ballot papers received for the vacancies on the Governing Board was 527, a return rate of 43%. This represents 1953 votes, 62% of the possible total.
Dr. P.J. Moree and Drs. J.J.M. Bos, the scrutineers appointed by the Governing Board, are satisfied that the above result is correct, following an accurate count of the ballot papers.
For more information about the individual candidates, please see their Statements of Candidacy.