23 February 2012
Apply for a Registration Grant to attend IFLA World Library and Information Congress 2012
The Academic and Research Libraries Section is offering THREE (3) Registration Grants equivalent in the amount of € 435 each to an information professional from:
- Latin America
- Asia/Pacific region
Each Grant will cover the registration expenses at the 2012 IFLA Congress, to be held 11 – 17 August 2012 in Helsinki, Finland; see the conference website for complete details. Applicants must be able to attend the Congress and will be responsible for all other costs associated with Congress attendance.
POST CONFERENCE REQUIREMENTS
Recipients will write a brief article (approximately 500 words) for publication in the December 2012 issue of the Academic and Research Libraries Newsletter about their Congress experience.
- Applicants must be eligible to obtain a visa for travel.
- Applicants must declare they are able to fund any other costs not covered by the Grant allocated to them, e.g. all other expenses for hotel and travel are NOT covered by the Grant.
- Those who have previously received this Grant (formerly known as Essay Contest) cannot apply again.
Your application will include:
(A) A covering letter providing:
- your contact details (eg. name and email address)
- short summary of your employment and/or student status
- First-time IFLA attendees, young professionals, students of Library and Information Studies (LIS) and those working in LIS jobs for the first time will have an advantage in the competition, so make sure to mention if you belong to one of those categories
(B) A written statement of up to 500 words (any> non-English applications will be translated into English for the purposes of judging):
- how attending IFLA will benefit you in a personal and/or professional capacity, with reference to the 2012 theme of the conference
- how you intend to apply the benefits that you have outlined in a practical way after the Congress, either for you personally or for the library/information unit you work in.
Your application must be received by Thursday March 15th, 2012.
- All applications will be acknowledged upon receipt.
- All applicants will receive notification of award status no later than May 1, 2012.
Please send your application with your address, telephone number, and email address no later than Thursday, March 15th, 2012 to Ane Landoy:
- Via attachment in email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Via facsimile – Attn: Ane Landoy – + 47 5558 9703
- Via post:
Attn: Ane Landoy
University of Bergen Library PB 7808N-5020 BERGEN Norway
This Registration Grant is sponsored by IFLA Academic and Research Libraries Section. Andrew McDonald, Chair; with support from the Governing Board, IFLA
We humbly request your support to encourage applicants to respond by forwarding the information to other list managers, colleagues, or other associations.
Any translation of this request is also appreciated, particularly for the Asia/Pacific region, Africa and Latin America