Call for nominations – MCULTP Section Standing Committee
31 August 2022
IFLA’s Library Services to Multicultural Populations Section is seeking:
Co-opted members from Asia-Oceania, Latin America and the Caribbean, Middle East and North Africa, and Sub-Saharan Africa to strengthen regional diversity for our Section membership.
- In addition, we have had two resignations and are seeking to fill these vacancies with two members from anywhere in the world.
- Co-opted members serve until the next formal election cycle – Elections are held every other year.
- Co-opted members must stand for election at the next cycle if they wish to continue serving on the same committee.
- The term for members co-opted at the beginning of a term in order to fill available places or to promote diversity, counts as one term toward the two-term limit.
- When members are co-opted as a result of a mid-term vacancy, this does not count towards term limits.
- Individuals who stand for re-election for a second term and who are unsuccessful, may not be co-opted to the same Standing Committee in order to serve for a second term.
As a Standing Committee team member, you would be expected to participate in contributing to one or more of our tasks that are part of our 2021-2023 Action Plan.
We’d also expect you to attend our midyear meeting and business meetings, and when possible, IFLA’s annual World Library and Information Congress.