Call for Papers: 16th Interlending and Document Supply Conference, October 2019
13 November 2018
The IFLA Document Delivery and Resource Sharing (DDRS) Standing Committee invites papers for the 16th ILDS (Interlending and Document Supply) Conference, hosted by the National Library of Technology (NTK) in Prague, Czech Republic. The Conference will be held on 9-11 October 2019.
See: conference website
With the Conference, entitled Beyond the Paywall: Resource Sharing in a Disruptive Ecosystem, the DDRS Standing Committee would like to challenge the interlending and document supply community to consider strategies for contending with an increasingly complex global information environment.
Key questions we wish to examine in the Conference include:
How should we, members of the global DDRS community, provide a strategic response to a rapidly shifting ecosystem in which publishers, libraries, and users are dealing with new open access mandates, possible “big flips”, new options for document search and delivery (beyond P2P, including direct publisher-to-user delivery), cost impediments, and other challenges?
Is it possible to leverage our already-existing global infrastructure to keep the library relevant as the ecosystem continues to evolve? How can we contribute to the development of global delivery solutions which are innovative, stable, and resistant to the whims of the marketplace and accessible to all? What might be our roles in the next stages of development of global academic research support (including publishing) infrastructures? In the advancement of trusted public information infrastructures? In relation to regional copyright regimes and in relation to various content format types?
We welcome thought-provoking papers from libraries, publishers, and end users which discuss these challenges from a strategic perspective.
Suggested Topical Areas may include but not limited to
- Beyond the Paywall: Coming to terms with, thinking strategically about P2P, open access, e-only content, grey literature, and beyond
- Power Shift: Strategies for staying relevant in the publisher-to-user delivery era
- The Digital Divide: Pressing issues for improving access to resources for all members of our community
- Copyright: Approaches to ILL for various format types not under public domain from the perspective of different legal traditions
- Collaboration: Interacting with current and planned regional storage projects (e.g., ReCAP, British Library, Kooperative Speicherbibliothek Schweiz)
- Assessment: Demonstrating value and impact of resource sharing on scholarship, research, and student success
Selected papers from the conference will be published in Information Discovery & Delivery Journal (IDD), and authors are encouraged to submit their conference papers with some extension to IDD; for example, papers about possible strategies for improving “the digital information supply chain, i.e., conception, flows, adaptation, exchange and sharing.”
Proposals for papers should be sent to Peter D. Collins, (email@example.com) no later than 31 March 2019 and should include the following details:
- Author(s) name, title, institution, and contact information
- Brief biographical sketch
- Title of paper
- Abstract (200 to 300 words)
- The presentation will be done in English
Selected paper authors will be notified by: 30 April 2019
Deadline for paper submissions: 30 July 2019
Registration details: Coming soon! See the 16th ILDS Conference website.
We look forward to seeing you in Prague.