Call for Presentations: 37th Pre-Conference of the Library and Research Services for Parliaments Section of IFLA
13 April 2022
The Library and Research Services for Parliaments Section (IFLAPARL) invites proposals for presentations at the Pre-Conference to be hosted by The Houses of the Oireachtas (Irish Parliament), in Dublin, Ireland, on Friday July 22, 2022.
The parliamentary life of information: how library & research services provide value for parliaments, Members and citizens
Date: Friday, 22 July 2022
Deadline to submit proposals: 30 May 2022
The 2022 IFLAPARL pre-conference is hosted by The Houses of the Oireachtas. The pre-conference will be held at The Royal College of Physicians in Ireland building at Number Six Kildare Street.
At the end of the pre-conference sessions, a tour of Leinster House, the seat of The Houses of the Oireachtas, will be provided followed by a dinner later in the evening.
The parliamentary life of information: how library & research services provide value for parliaments, Members and citizens.
We invite proposals for short and inspiring presentations to support the following topics related to our theme. Presentations need to be focused on practical experience in the following areas.
Library and Information services:
- Managing the information marketplace: professional and client perspectives
- Strengthening information literacy
- Preserving and making use of parliament’s memory and historic collections
Research, evidence and quality:
- Library & research services in support of evidence-based policy work and parliamentary scrutiny
- Quality: ensuring library & research services that are fit for parliamentary purpose
Connecting and innovating:
- Kaleidoscope: lightning talks/knowledge café on trends and innovations from individual services
Highly engaging presentations with a knowledge sharing and practical focus, as well as encouraging innovative thinking in parliamentary libraries, research and information services, will be selected.
Please note, presentations need to be delivered in-person.
How to submit a proposal
Please send an abstract (1 page or about 300 words), in English, to:
Josefa Fuentes – IFLAPARL Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org
and Fabiola Elena Rosales Salinas – IFLAPARL Information Coordinator: email@example.com
Please use as subject heading of your email “IFLAPARLPre-Conference-2022″ followed by your name.
Proposals should include:
- Title of proposed presentation
- Abstract of proposed presentation (no more than 300 words)
- Name(s) of presenter(s) and position or title
- Employer / Institution
- Contact information including e-mail address, telephone number
- Short biographical statement of presenter(s)
- Presenters will have 10 minutes each to deliver their presentations
Language of the Session: English
- 30 May: Deadline to submit proposals
- 10 June: Successful presentations will be identified by members of the IFLAPARL Standing Committee
- 1 July: Deadline for selected presenters to submit final presentations