Call for submissions: IFLA Metropolitan Libraries Short Film Award 2018
23 March 2018
Sponsored by the Free Library of Philadelphia and Pikes Peak Library District
The award is part of “A Corto di libri”, a contest for short films about libraries and librarians, organized by Associazione Italiana Biblioteche (AIB).
The contest has three Sections (Fiction, Documentary and Advertising).
The IFLA Metropolitan Libraries Short Film Award is given to the best short film about public libraries in large cities and metropolitan areas, among all the submitted films.
Everyone, as an individual or an institution, is eligible to apply.
The film must be :
- a maximum of 20 minutes in length for the Fiction and Documentary Sections and a maximum of 2 minutes for the Advertisement Section
- licensed under a Creative Commons CC-BY4.0 license. Each participant must use music, images and films in the public domain or created for the film or include a signed permission from the rights holder; the entrant must obtain permission from each child or under-18 years old person who appears in the film.
In order to be selected for the IFLA Metropolitan Libraries Short Film Award entries in languages other than English must have English subtitles.
The short films competing for the 2018 IFLA Metropolitan Libraries Short Film Award will be projected and voted by the participants of the IFLA MetLib Conference in Belgrade, Serbia (May 13 – 18).
In addition, the Chairs (or a delegate) of the following Sections' Standing Committees have the right to vote on-line:
- Section on Audiovisual and Multimedia
- Section on Metropolitan Libraries
- Section on Public Libraries
Criteria for selection of winner
Creativity and originality of the content; potential for library advocacy and marketing; technical level.
The winner of the IFLA Metropolitan Libraries Short Film Award will receive:
- If a library, € 1,000 as a contribution to travel expenses to the IFLA World Library and Information Congress in Kuala Lumpur (August 24-30, 2018);
- If an individual film-maker, € 1,000 in film-making equipment.
The winner will be announced and awarded at the IFLA World Library and Information Congress in Kuala Lumpur (August 24-30). An event is planned to be organized at a local public library during the Congress.
Download the application form here.
Applications must be submitted before 28 April 2018 to the following e-mail: email@example.com
Films must be submitted in digital format (.mp4 or .avi) via online file transfer (FTP) or similar technology.
IFLA Section on Metropolitan Libraries
Corrado Di Tillio
A Corto di Libri