Convening Notice for IFLA General Assembly, August 2023 in Rotterdam, The Netherlands
21 July 2023
The IFLA General Assembly 2023 – the primary opportunity for our Members to take decisions about our Federation – will be held on Wednesday 23 August 2023 (16:00 – 18:00 CEST) and Thursday 24 August 2023 (15:00 – 17:00 CEST) in hybrid format, in Rotterdam, The Netherlands and online. The formal Convening Notice, published today, sets out details about the topics for discussions, and opportunities for participation.
There will be a physical meeting in Rotterdam which will be streamed live to Members and observers who are unable to attend in person. Votes on the motions will be cast live either in-room or remotely in real time via an online voting platform. An external company has been engaged to conduct the meeting. Proxy voting will also be possible.
Voting Members will receive more information in early August along with unique voting links and details on proxy voting arrangements.
IFLA’s Members and Affiliates will receive today a copy of the Convening Notice. All IFLA Members (National and International Associations and Institutions) that have paid their membership fees for 2023 will be eligible to vote.
Wednesday 23 August 2023, 16:00 – 18:00 CEST
- Opening by the Chair
- Establishment of a Quorum
- Adoption of the Agenda
- Minutes of the previous meeting, held in The Hague, The Netherlands and online, 25 August 2022
- In memoriam of those members who have died during the past year
- Presentation of the Report of the President
- Presentation of IFLA’s Annual Report
- Presentation of the Annual Accounts
- Formal announcement of the Results of the Election of President-elect and for places on the Governing Board by the Secretary General
Motions and Resolutions
10.1 Motion to approve the holding of the next General Assembly in August 2024
10.2 Motion to adjourn and reconvene at 15.00 on Thursday, 24 August 2023
Thursday 24 August 2023, 15:00 – 17:00 CEST
- Closing Session
- Address by the President, Barbara Lison
- Presentation of Awards
- Vote of thanks WLIC 2023
- Announcement regarding WLIC 2024
- Thanks to the outgoing Governing Board
- Introduction of the new Governing Board
- Address by incoming President Vicki McDonald
- Close of the Assembly
For details on the conduct of the General Assembly, please refer to the IFLA Statutes, Article 9, General Assembly: convening.
IFLA Secretary General
The Hague, The Netherlands
21 July 2023