Extended Deadline — Satellite Meeting of IFLA Special Interest Group Environment, Sustainability and Libraries with Preservation and Conservation Section
20 February 2020
ENSULIB SIG and Preservation and Conservation are honoured to invite proposals for papers for satellite meeting in Cork, Ireland. The meeting takes place before the 2020 World Library and Information Congress (WLIC) in Dublin, Ireland.
Date: 12-13 August 2020
Venue: University College Cork, Ireland
Environment, Sustainability and Libraries Special Interest Group (ENSULIB) with Preservation and Conservation (P&C) Section invites LIS professionals and students to submit proposals for two-day satellite meeting to be held in Boole Library in University College of Cork, Ireland 12-13 August 2020. The theme for the meeting is “Environmentally inspiring and engaging buildings, research, education and library services”. IFLA WLIC 2020 will be held in Dublin, Ireland 15 – 21 August.
ENSULIB and P&C are proud to invite presentations that address any one or more of the following topics related to sustainability:
- Research and education concerning environmentally sustainable libraries
- Environmentally sustainable libraries and library services
- Sustainable library and LIS projects, library programs or educational programs.
- Libraries giving possibilities for users and citizens to create their own sustainable projects (user or citizen engagement)
- Sustainable technologies for (digital and physical) library materials preservation and conservation.
To keep the session vibrant and exciting two alternative styles of presentations are accepted: a presentation (15 minutes delivery) or the PechaKucha format (20 slides are shown for 20 seconds each for a total of 6 minutes 40 seconds).
Proposals must be submitted by 2nd March 2020 and selected presenters will be notified by 20th March 2020.
Proposals should be sent to:
Harri Sahavirta, secretary, Environment, Sustainability and Libraries Special Interest Group
More information on the conference web page: https://libguides.ucc.ie/IFLA