IFLA Award short films are available for library events
05 October 2017
They were projected in Montréal (Canada) in May – on that occasion the participants voted for the winner – and in Wrocław (Poland) in August during the IFLA World Library and Information Congress.
The 17 short films, all with English audio or subtitles (except one in German), are available as a unique file with the length of about 70 minutes, including the following titles:
– Laboratorio abierto (Buenos Aires)
– Welcome to the Learning Space (Canada Bay, Sydney)
– Fumo Family Library Community Poem (Philadelphia)
– Bargoonga Nganjin North Fitzroy Library (Yarra, Melbourne)
– La ruta de les paraules (Barcelona)
– Profumo di latte, di musica e parole (Rome)
– Knihovníkův Den (Prague)
– Central Library 2017 (Helsinki)
– BiblioCurts (Barcelona)
– Roald Dahl Magic Night (Scandicci, Florence)
– The Free Library in a Day (Philadelfia)
– Bremen City Library – Bremen Diversity Award (Bremen)
– The Library on the Move (Zagreb)
– I'll be a While (Brno)
– Booka's Yarra Yarns (Yarra, Melbourne)
– HelMet goes Ropecon (Helsinki)
– Halifax Public Libraries (Halifax)
The short videos, although in different formats (i.e. documentary or advertisement), show what a public library is today in many regions of the world, so they are suitable for a target audience of librarians, but also for a general public.
If you are interested in organizing an event in your library write to Corrado Di Tillio.