IFLA General Assembly 2023: Call for agenda items and resolutions
09 June 2023
The IFLA General Assembly 2023 will be held on Wednesday 23 August 2023 (16:00 – 18:00 CEST) and Thursday 24 August 2023 (15:00 – 17:00 CEST) in hybrid format, in Rotterdam, The Netherlands and online.
IFLA Members may propose items for inclusion in the agenda (Statutes, Art. 9.3). Proposals must be submitted on the form sent to members and reach the IFLA Secretariat by 7 July 2023. Send the form and proposals by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The draft Agenda is provided below. The Convening Notice for the Assembly will be forwarded to Members at least four weeks in advance of the Assembly, along with instructions for joining online and possibilities for voting.
Wednesday 23 August 2023, 16:00 – 18:00 CEST
- Opening by the Chair
- Establishment of a Quorum
- Adoption of the Agenda
- Minutes of the previous meeting, held in The Hague, Netherlands and online, 25 August 2022
- In memoriam of those members who have died during the past year
- Presentation of the Report of the President
- Presentation of IFLA’s Annual Report
- Presentation of the Annual Accounts
- Formal announcement of the Results of the Election of President-elect and for places on the Governing Board by the Secretary General
Motions and Resolutions
10.1 Motion to approve the holding of the next General Assembly in August 2024
10.2 Motion to adjourn and reconvene at 15.00 on Thursday, 24 August 2023
Thursday 24 August 2023, 15:00 – 17:00 CEST
- Closing Session
- Address by the President, Barbara Lison
- Presentation of Awards
- Thanks to the outgoing Governing Board
- Introduction of the new Governing Board
- Vote of thanks WLIC 2023
- Invitation to WLIC 2024
- Address by incoming President Vicki McDonald
- Close of the Assembly
For details on the conduct of the General Assembly, please refer to the IFLA Statutes, Article 9, General Assembly: convening.
IFLA Secretary General